Jentec MK5 issue in need of help or service documents please...

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Jentec MK5 issue in need of help or service documents please...

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

The version is 241 on John's board in this radio ! What happens is when you turn the channel knob and use the "1K" shift switch position, the ch knob turns with how it should but skips odd numbers and only does even frequency numbers, so jumps 2 hertz instead of 1hertz mate. You feel the click on the channel knob for when the other 1 hertz (for odd numbers) should be there but it doesn't do it. The 10 kilohertz on the switch works fine though ! So my local tech said it couldn't be the channel and eprom setup but some part on John's board there is an issue causing this problem. No documentation on this means it would be very costly man hours labor and possibly making it worse who knows folks...

There isn't many who would have a clue on this, or could send me some service material that could my local tech figure out how to tackle this for me, so I'm a bit desperate for some help please !!!

Thanks in advance kind greetings, Jim

PS: I can send pictures of John's board etc. if you send me a PM with your email.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: Jentec MK5 issue in need of help or service documents please...

Post by cb4ever104 »

Retro_CB_Dude wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 01:47 but skips odd numbers and only does even frequency numbers
Told you that you were taking a risk with these Jim . Anyone . Hopefully someone on here will be able to help you .

Cheers
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Hasn't...and I hate to say it, Radio_Trader_You-know-who got a copy of the service manual for these amongst his stuff for sale on ebay?

Might be worth a look to check it's what you're after and then offer him a quarter of what he's trying to flog them for! ;)
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

The Collector wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 15:59 copy of the service manual for these
Is there a dedicated service manual for a Jentec ? Never seen one . If they do exist then wouldn't Pete have a copy ? Can't see any on RTI's listings either ?
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Thinking about it, I think someone asked before on here for something similar and Pete PM'd them if memory serves me correctly, so yeah, Pete might be the best bet.
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

Thanks for the replies fellows! Yeah I have st. Pete I private message so hopefully he'll check that relatively soon. As far as that guy who might be selling them well I reckon no harm in asking. But everything else works on it except for somebody put a Rodger beep on the scam switch to be able to turn it on and off. So it's whether I want the Rodger beep or want to be able to scan. As far as SSB it's off about 3 Hertz because of the one Hertz switch issue so if I can't get any documentation to really fix this properly I will see if my local technician can give it a better alignment so I can use it on Side Band 2 to compensate for this issue !

I have lots of documentation myself so one of these times no doubt I'll be able to help someone but right now I need help...

Thanks Kindly, Retro 73's
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

Radio Trader told me he sold all he had ! I don't get that, because why in the world would you NOT keep a copy as it's value is kept and people would want that, plus to just keep the CB hobby and the Jentec radios thriving should be valid reasons to keep a copy on hand...

Well still waiting on Pete to reply, and if anybody has another way to reach out to him on my behalf - PLEASE DO !

Otherwise Cobraworxshopz is not responding to me either via WhatsApp, which they seem to be in limbo or extremely too busy or just don't care to help a real CB Enthusiast such as myself.

This just isn't right, someone has the info, Retro (Jim)
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Sometimes, people want to keep rare/valuable info to themselves rather than share it out. Some may then just sell photocopies of it, making profit out of someone else's kind gesture.

For example, there's no way anyone's getting a copy of my mint Fidelity 1000 instruction manual, so bugger off the lot of ya! ;)
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

Waves at Collector, yeah I reckon you're right on that account ! Thanks for your input...

Still waiting, Retro
radio pete
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26EY49G7xxx

Post by radio pete »

I do have alot of info from way back re the MKv Cobra etc but as said above I will keep it close as I let some info out before and it got put up for cash via some others sorry guys
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

It's not my documentation , but wouldn't it be better to put it on the main public domain , like CB tricks , or something ? That way anyone trying to sell stuff might find it harder . If no-one uploaded their manuals , then most of us would all be sitting here scratching their heads . People will always try and make money off stuff regardless . Just my 2c .
Last edited by cb4ever104 on 03 Aug 2019, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

cb4ever104 wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 14:54 It's not my documentation , but wouldn't it be better to put it on the main public domain , like CB tricks , or something ? That way anyone trying to sell stuff might find it harder . If no-one uploaded their manuals , then most of us would all be sitting here scratching theirs heads . People will always try and make money off stuff regardless . Just my 2c .
.. like all the frequency charts / DX named countries you can get free of the interweb for buckshee, but people still manage to flog loads of them for a fiver a time on ebay.

Perhaps Pete could look and see if there's any relevant info pertaining to the problem at hand that can be typed freehand on here, or via a PM, rather than sending a pdf. of the whole schematic??? ;)
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

cb4ever104 wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 14:54 It's not my documentation , but wouldn't it be better to put it on the main public domain , like CB tricks , or something ? That way anyone trying to sell stuff might find it harder . If no-one uploaded their manuals , then most of us would all be sitting here scratching theirs heads . People will always try and make money off stuff regardless . Just my 2c .
This ^ . Unless it's bringing someone revenue, I don't know why it wouldn't be shared for all.

All my CB info is free for anyone and I've shared it before. I'm actually trying to set up an FTP with a raspberry pi, but it's being a pain and no-one seems to have done it with this ftp software recently. I hate Linux, but I'm not leaving a real computer running just in case someone wants to download a Fidelity 1000 schematic.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

radio pete wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 12:47 I do have alot of info from way back re the MKv Cobra etc but as said above I will keep it close as I let some info out before and it got put up for cash via some others sorry guys
Pete, I just want info pertaining to my situation is all sir. I have a legimate professional technician who will do the repairs for me. He is kinda well known but certainly by not everybody. He knows lbcomms from this forum for instance, Sue ! His shop in Louisville, KY. in USA here is called Nomad Radio. His inovative approach to the Browning Golden Mark 4 channenl module is awesome too, and I have that radio set with it installed ! That is one thing he's known for instance, so my point is I'm for real here and in need of repair, and don't give a rats ass about making money on material that is rare, just want my transceiver to work as it should !

We can talk via email or PM here or whatever is best suitable for you Pete and I can send money via Paypal is that is something that you'd like as well.

So have a heart and share bits and pieces whatever you think I would need to fix this issue mate thanks, Jim (Retro)
Last edited by Retro_CB_Dude on 03 Aug 2019, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
Retro_CB_Dude
Regular
Regular

Post by Retro_CB_Dude »

Also Nomad Radio posts alot of info on the WorldwideDX forum to confirm what I'm saying, so I'm personally not after loads of service material, just enough or whatever Chris needs at Nomad Radio to fix my issue !

Retro