The Tightest Fitting Knobs Ever?

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
astradyne

Re: The Tightest Fitting Knobs Ever?

Post by astradyne »

I've never met such a smutty lot! :lol:

But, looking back at the comments above, you all deserve a big...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Back on track, and with a clean mind, the bulk of the work is done.

It's not just a "plug and play" swap as the 2600 processor board is rather a different beast to the Lincoln's etc. A couple of the connectors needed to be adapted but, as almost all the wires are the same colour in both radio's, it wasn't difficult at all. Just a few needed swapping around within the plugs plus a couple weren't needed (for the repeater shift and TX button).

The temporarily soldered wires you see in the picture are the modulation carrier's. The mod has already been fed through the attenuator button on the front of the radio. The orange and yellow wires are from the newly installed Lincoln pushbutton panel joining onto the original red and black wires from the original panel. The original panel won't function correctly with the Lincoln Processor (The meter button controled the span function etc). I also swapped out the original power socket for a Lincoln one. For whatever reason they're slightly different. The brown wire isn't required so I'll be removing it.

The radio now has 26 - 30Mhz coverage and works perfectly. There are two non functioning buttons (RPT and TX). But the repeater functions aren't fitted to the Lincoln Processor, and a TX button is a bit of a daft idea anyway. The benefits definitely outweigh the costs. Also, there's no bleep function. Where the beep button is on a Lincoln is where the RPT button was on the 2600.

Just a tidy up of the audio wires (I'll fit them to the original plug which connects to the main board) and the job is done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

astradyne

Post by astradyne »

The Collector wrote: 14 Apr 2019, 12:28 What with knobs, wrapping tight rubber around knobs, sticky shafts and giving things a good pulling, I'm really having to bite my immature tongue!
Shame on you Sir!