Jentec signal meter inlay

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
steepeljack69
Call Sign: 26SF333

Jentec signal meter inlay

Post by steepeljack69 »

Hi know it's a long shot,anyone know where I may get a Jentec signal meter inlay from,or anyone know someone that can sort this ?obviously payment I is no issue. Thanks.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Re: Jentec signal meter inlay

Post by The Collector »

I printed out an orangey-gold inlay for my gold-plated 148 gtl-dx using Microsoft Word or Publisher on my ye olde laptop before it broke. I had a couple of attempts to get the size exactly right.

Now, I'm pretty crap with computers, so if I can do it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

Ok cheers,sorry I haven't a clue how to do anything on a computer other than send a e-mail.Not to worry I will just keep hoping someone knows where I can get one from.Thanks again
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

John made the distinctive inlays personally for each radio he worked on Mark. I doubt there'll be any commercially available unless a meter pops up on eBay.

Radio Pete would have the best insight into the inlays as he worked with John. You could try sending him a PM to see if he could help or explain how they were made.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

Ok pal I didn't think I would source one just thought sum ingenious guy on here may have done this already or knows how it's done,or can point me in right direction.Thanks again
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

I have the meter inlay from a normal Cobra,I just Want someone to reproduce this with the bottom half left how it is but the top half been orange with the numbers printed on if anyone can do this I will pay for there time etc.Thanks again or can point me in way of someone that can.
steepeljack69

Post by steepeljack69 »

Now got it sorted,found someone to print me one off and looks good.Thanks for everyone's help.