President Madison Base.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

President Madison Base.

Post by Tim »

Mate has just acquired one, a MK11 I believe with the green numbered rolling clock. Everything is good with this radio except that the clock does not light up, can anyone tell me anything about replacing the bulb(s), what sort, Volt and Amperage and where to find the one that's in it, how to remove it and install a new one please?
speeddemon

Re: President Madison Base.

Post by speeddemon »

Hi tim go to Cbtricks.com...or 78roger.free.fr and download a service manual for it bro it will answer all your questions :ugeek: cheers n 73's
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

There is no information on the CB tricks site for this and the other site is not showing anything, in fact, my pc security programme blocked it as unsafe, thanks anyway so it's back to the question.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Hmm thats weird Cbtricks.com shouda had a schematic/service manual for it bro tim .Try 78roger. Free.fr Instead. cheers
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

That 78 roger site, as I said, is blocked by my pc security as unsafe. The problem it seems is that there are several 'versions' of this radio, the schematic for the board is readily available but there is no information on the replacing the illumination for the rolling clock.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Hi bro tim I got the service manual for it pm me your email addy. ill email you it as far as bulbs there ether twist /screw in /out flash light bulbs 6/12volt number 47 type / bayonet sc (ba15s) or you can get led replacement from 1000bulbs .com. the meters lights are usely 6/12volt grain of wheat blubs witch you can substitute leds in there place .cheers
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

Thanks. LED replacements would in my opinion spoil the look of the radio when powered on and be much ott. We have the service manual for the radio but this does not show how, where or what bulbs are supposed to be in the clock unit.
recoil
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 2e0myn

Post by recoil »

I have a Dwight d the bulbs I used in the clock and the s meters were 12v 80ma 5mm grain of wheat type
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

There ether behind the clock or under neath or on sides of the unit ther should be lamp bulb holder or holes with rubber grumets in the metal clock bracket .or Try to Google a owers manual for that info on what bulbs it took or do ether like I said above put leds or number 47/12 volt bulbs n holders in it bro tim. I personally would go with leds less strain n pain on the power supply n hav colour choices to go with besides white/clear leds and cheaper /easyer to get and lasts longer than org bulbs and no worries about heat/warping damage /discolor of pasitcs meters face's/clocknumbers..cheers
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Foot note For grain of wheat led replacement check out part number 74-xhp3-car from superbrightleds.com.
Last edited by speeddemon on 03 Dec 2017, 23:26, edited 2 times in total.
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

LED used for replacement is outlawed in our neck of the woods I'm afraid, it's as original only, we like to see what is being illuminated and not being blinded and able to see nothing but a bright light.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Standard 12V grain of wheat works fine .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

:o :shock: How and why leds outlawed in your neck of da woodz bro tim? . Over here it lazer pointers.for gd reasons. I never seen or heard of someone blinded by ledz . Thats some gray gray shzt .You know you can adjust/ light Intensity adding a resistor to led. So it anit blinding crazy azz bright in radio.n easy on da old pupils. :ugeek:
Last edited by speeddemon on 03 Dec 2017, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

If you use warm white LED's and the correct resitstor to match the brighness I think you would find it hard to tell the difference.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

I concur with Simon/mudslinger.100%. ..cheers :thumbup: