President Madison Base.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

Re: President Madison Base.

Post by Tim »

All this still doesn't tell me how to access the bulb that illuminates the rolling clock, until I know the answer to this question all other replies will just be a waste of time.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Follow the schematic where the +_~ for lamp wires are connected on board then follow wires back to clock bro tim. Then look at these pics :ugeek: ..cheers
Last edited by speeddemon on 05 Dec 2017, 01:55, edited 2 times in total.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Tim wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 23:51 all other replies will just be a waste of time.
Have you actually had a look ?? Think it took me all of 5 seconds to find mine . It's just placed in between the clock by a couple of cable ties .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

In all honesty, no, I haven't, simply because I myself have not seen inside the radio as it belongs to a mate who has not got a pc and wanted me to ask the question before he delved into it. When defusing a bomb it's better to know which wire to cut, the red or the blue, and ask someone who's done it before and lived! Between us we will take the lid off and do a visual.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Tim wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 09:26 In all honesty, no, I haven't, simply because I myself have not seen inside the radio as it belongs to a mate who has not got a pc and wanted me to ask the question before he delved into it. When defusing a bomb it's better to know which wire to cut, the red or the blue, and ask someone who's done it before and lived! Between us we will take the lid off and do a visual.
A quick visual and you probably would have sussed it out . I wouldn't really compare changing a 12V bulb in a Madison to defusing a bomb . And you're going to have to cut both wires anyway :)
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
timbob58
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26tm957

Post by timbob58 »

after all of that the lid's coming off ... :lol: :lol:
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

cb4ever104 wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 10:02

A quick visual and you probably would have sussed it out . I wouldn't really compare changing a 12V bulb in a Madison to defusing a bomb . And you're going to have to cut both wires anyway :)
Aye, both wires Sammy but in which order? :lol:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

kilimax wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 18:50Aye, both wires Sammy but in which order? :lol:
We won't know till the lid comes off Drew :)
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

How many TM1 members does it take to change a president madison bulb ?

Get it right and you could win a 30 second all you can grab dash round waters & stantons stock room, :mrgreen:
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

Thank you all for the inane and sarcastic replies, really does do your intelligence justice! Don't aim them at me, I would have probably had the lid off and investigated myself if it were in my possession but, as I thought I made it pretty clear, I have not seen the radio, I was asked to ask the question here but it appears that in the main I have wasted my time trying to help a mate. I have now however found out from someone who knows these radios as to where the bulbs are positioned and how to access them for replacement so I will now pass that on to my mate so as far as I'm concerned this topic is now closed.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Tim wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 19:17 Thank you all for the inane and sarcastic replies, really does do your intelligence justice! Don't aim them at me, I would have probably had the lid off and investigated myself if it were in my possession but, as I thought I made it pretty clear, I have not seen the radio, I was asked to ask the question here but it appears that in the main I have wasted my time trying to help a mate. I have now however found out from someone who knows these radios as to where the bulbs are positioned and how to access them for replacement so I will now pass that on to my mate so as far as I'm concerned this topic is now closed.
FFs . Here we go . So . The bulb in the clock doesn't work , and you want to know where the bulb is ?? Ehhh . Next to the clock . Give us a break m8 . You had 2 pages of people trying to help you and you come out with comments like
Tim wrote: 03 Dec 2017, 23:51 until I know the answer to this question all other replies will just be a waste of time.
Next time get your mate to open the radio up first and see if he can figure out this conundrum before posting .
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .