Pretty quiet on here ....

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
Buick Mackane

Re: Pretty quiet on here ....

Post by Buick Mackane »

This section of the forum has been quiet for a few years now, Why that is i dunno, At one point it used to be really active in here.
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Yeah . All the the intelligent people (Ashtec , RD250 etc.) have all buggered off , and left us numpties here :)
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

The whole board is dead at the moment, hopefully summer holidays rather than the death knell.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 163TM186

Post by NightProwler »

OK I got one. The VFO on my MK1 Lincoln slips and jumps but I have another Lincoln here in shabby condition with a perfect VFO that I dont use so I was thinking of swapping them over, How straight forward is this?
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

NightProwler wrote:OK I got one. The VFO on my MK1 Lincoln slips and jumps but I have another Lincoln here in shabby condition with a perfect VFO that I dont use so I was thinking of swapping them over, How straight forward is this?
Haven't done that one Rich , but I did have to repair one of the push buttons . Took me a good while to remove the front of the radio . They didn't make it easy , but then again I like the Lincoln , and won't hear a bad word said against her :)
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Snake Plissken
Regular
Regular

Post by Snake Plissken »

OK I got one. The VFO on my MK1 Lincoln slips and jumps but I have another Lincoln here in shabby condition with a perfect VFO that I dont use so I was thinking of swapping them over, How straight forward is this?
I have a Mk1 Lincoln here, VFO will skip a beat maybe once every rotation...It's just not bad enough for me to bother changing yet :lol:

IIRC it's mounted on it's own tiny PCB, connects to rest of radio with a little connector....no de-soldering i think...

You will probably need to unscrew the front chassis from the sides, and carefully move this assembly forward...you may have to unbolt some of the other controls from the radio front, or disconnect them from the radio (the controls bolt through the fascia)....save yourself a ballache and label the connectors if you do!

Once you have room to operate, it's just a case of undoing the nut on the VFO shaft and swapping it out for the replacement :clap:

Anyone else feel free to chime in, been a while since I had a Lincoln this far apart!
Unidens (one or two)..
Cybernets (a few more)..
Stalker ST-9F DX Colonel FR360 Stag 357 Midland 79-900 Zodiac Tokyo Pegasus III Transceiver MkV
Cheiza CB702 workshop monitor :lol:
A few more, I forget...

Snake Plissken - Rescuing Presidents since a 1981 version of 1997 :D
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Cheers guys, Although after reading that im thinking can I really be arsed :?

Right heres another one...Yaesu FT757GX2 with a very dim meter bulb...Discuss :D
harakiri

Post by harakiri »

NightProwler wrote:OK I got one. The VFO on my MK1 Lincoln slips and jumps but I have another Lincoln here in shabby condition with a perfect VFO that I dont use so I was thinking of swapping them over, How straight forward is this?
I did one time take one of these from a old RCI 2950 and put it in a Lincoln. I had to take it off its tiny pcb board and put it on the Lincoln tiny pcb,as it did not match. One of them had a tiny connector (RCI I think).

It was time consuming but easy. Most of the time went to what Sammy said,taking the radio apart.. Front off etc.

Good luck.
Eh..Its time.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

NightProwler wrote:Right heres another one...Yaesu FT757GX2 with a very dim meter bulb...Discuss :D
Sorry . No . Wrong section :)
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

All most people out there need to know is that the red wire goes to the red or + terminal and the black goes to the other one.

That's about the limit of MY electrical know-how anyway ;(

Oh..and I can solder a PL plug on and resolder a mic' plug if I know where the wires go.

Watch out Nick!
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

if most people knew that, then there would be no need for the 'idiot Diode' :-P

If it's broke, the best I can do to nurse it back to health is but it in a box and ship it of to the Radio Stig in Wales ;-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Buick Mackane

Post by Buick Mackane »

NightProwler wrote:Cheers guys, Although after reading that im thinking can I really be arsed :?

Right heres another one...Yaesu FT757GX2 with a very dim meter bulb...Discuss :D
Super bright LED. Next :mrgreen:
I Am the great cornholio are you threatening me ?
harakiri

Post by harakiri »

Sammy .. Got one for you (and everyone that wants to join),not a problem though,but an advice is needed. I just got news from the seller of the solder station that if it does not come this week I`ll be getting a full refound as it is sold out.(I suspect the seller never sent it anyway,but that is another debate) This is ok. news to get,but does not solve my problem of not having a good working station. When searching online there is so many for sale.. Any advice for a good,not to expensive soldering station that ships worldwide?

Cheers.
Eh..Its time.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

We've had this topic before, recently too so maybe a quick search is the order of the day.
NightProwler
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NightProwler »

Sammy...My big toe on my right foot is hurting, What can I do?