need 148 gtl bits

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Re: need 148 gtl bits

Post by dt307 »

and no need to dismantle or remove the facia

"gentle" taps and keep checking the control after two or three taps
you may still be able to force it to over ride but for general day to day use its a great quick fix
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

So far I haven't had to replace one yet . A bit of solder or glue in the required places usually does the job . Had a good one a while back with one of the VRs on another radio . I was trying to get the plastic knob off and it was so tight that when it eventually did come off it took the whole VR shaft with it . And yes . I know there are lots of words in there like knob and shaft , but it was the only way to tell the story :)
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by dt307 »

cb4ever104 wrote:So far I haven't had to replace one yet . A bit of solder or glue in the required places usually does the job . Had a good one a while back with one of the VRs on another radio . I was trying to get the plastic knob off and it was so tight that when it eventually did come off it took the whole VR shaft with it . And yes . I know there are lots of words in there like knob and shaft , but it was the only way to tell the story :)
was selling a radio a madi or washington a while back all was finished just needed a clean
guy was on his way and would be here any time pulled off all the knobs to clean facial just one was stuck
started to pry it off and as you said the whole shaft came out with the knob

was like wtf is this my luck {bnghd}
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

dt307 wrote: a clean guy was on his way and would be here any time pulled off all the knobs to clean facial
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by dt307 »

wow cant make that up nice typo
163dt307-chris

― Albert Einstein
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

A control that does 360 from a bump is usually easy to fix as long as the carbon track isnt cracked, Sometimes you can get away with just pinching the tabs back down but if the little metal plate that sits between the carbon strip and shaft is bent then the control will need to be lifted off and placed on a level flat surface then shaft gently tapped on top to straighten the plate then put it back together making sure you put the stopper on the correct side or the flat edge of the control will end stop wrong side.

As regards to the coarse notch i would leave the notch out especially on a MK1 :)
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Post by Marky-boy »

I've fixed the squelch control okay, not that it was too bad, but still not managed to find a kc shift control with a notch in it,
has anyone got one for sale please ? - if need be i will send you my un-notched one back too, if anyone wants it.
I have emailed the Norfolk CB centre who were selling the 3900 squelch control to see if they have a kc shift, but no response yet.

Thanks
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Post by Otter »

Black Spirit wrote: As regards to the coarse notch i would leave the notch out especially on a MK1 :)
There' no chance at all of me knowingly buying a radio with the notch removed. It's the work of Stan :lol:
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Otter wrote:It's the work of Stan :lol:
I presume you mean Satan ? :)
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Marky-boy wrote:has anyone got one for sale please ?
I've got 3 or 4 kicking about , but I'm not at home just now . There's a new switch for sale here :

http://radio-media-system.com/epages/bo ... s/SS000200

But I don't know if it's the clarifier with the notch , or not . The reference SS000200 means nothing to me . They have other one's on their site , but they weren't in stock . Send them an email and ask them .

Sammy
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Post by Marky-boy »

Thanks cb4ever104 !