blue defusing led covering plastic thing-me-bob

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
George EI7KO
Call Sign: EI7KO

Re: blue defusing led covering plastic thing-me-bob

Post by George EI7KO »

The blue stage light gels I have here are extremely dark. They look black when the radio is off.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

I've found out the 3 sheets if stuff that I bought a couple of years back.

There's a mid-blue, a dark blue and a purpley-blue (I was going to use this latter one on my purple Amstrad but I couldnt quite get the red LED's to look purple enough without dimming them too much for daytime use) :)

Hopefully you can see the difference between the 3 as the light in my loft isn't the best. They are transluscent but also adhesive-backed so the backing peels off to stick it in place on the back of the display plastic. If you think one/any of them might do the job I can post a piece big enough ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dt307
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 163dt307

Post by dt307 »

The Collector wrote:I've found out the 3 sheets if stuff that I bought a couple of years back.

There's a mid-blue, a dark blue and a purpley-blue (I was going to use this latter one on my purple Amstrad but I couldnt quite get the red LED's to look purple enough without dimming them too much for daytime use) :)

Hopefully you can see the difference between the 3 as the light in my loft isn't the best. They are transluscent but also adhesive-backed so the backing peels off to stick it in place on the back of the display plastic. If you think one/any of them might do the job I can post a piece big enough ;)
the darkest one be great will get it measured bro

let me know whats on your wish list as i got all kinda bits and bobs here
knobs,plls,trannies,switches,ect ect
163dt307-chris

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
― Albert Einstein
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Can't think of anything I need other than a couple of meter bulbs to be honest so don't worry ;)
I'm not going down the LED route either ...yuk :)

Let me know the size (and your address details of course via PM) and I'll get a piece of each off to you on Saturday mate. You can see which works best then...if any. I'll add a bit size-wise just in case.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

And don't let Buick know you're into trannies or he'll get the wrong idea for sure :)