I need someone to make me a one off pic.

A forum for the discussion of matters of a technical nature. All such activities are undertaken at the readers discretion and own risk. If you don't know what you are doing, don't blame us if it all goes wrong!
speeddemon

Re: I need someone to make me a one off pic.

Post by speeddemon »

Great post ! can you Pm me the program files ?
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

The files were on lbcomms's website , but I can't find the link just now .

I have both hex files here . Send me a PM , or email with your details and I'll send you them .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I don't think you can PM if you're GREEN
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

I think he can email me though .
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
163TM847
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 163TM847 »

cb4ever104 wrote:I think he can email me though .
Even though he is green i am sure you can PM him with an email address.

Have a file done for the original selector and you can do Adams's etc. :D

This is an 120 channel + UK + Alphas PIC for an Adams i did recently, I also have one in my Cobra 138XLR but UK is disabled as there is no FM board installed, Yeah its on a bit of vero but what the heck.
DSC01196.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Hi sammy pm sent
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Wow nice job That looks gd blackspirit ....are you going to develop a printed board for it ?
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

:I've sent you the 2 hex files. Good luck :thumbup:
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Ty sammy .. ..73's
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Hello to all can this be made work on mb8719 / pll02a radios? Whats need to make it work on those pll's?
lbcomms
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by lbcomms »

It is easy enough to change to '8719, 02A, or any other PLL. In most cases only the coding needs to change, but for the '8719 an additional "hex inverter" IC (costs about a dollar) is needed.

If you want more details ask us again in a week or two, we've got major work dramas happening at the moment. Will be doing a step by step installation in a PLL02A SSB radio here with pictures and schematics, but not until about the second week of March when hopefully the dramas happening here have sorted themselves out...
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Hi sue hopefully drama works out n stays drama free there ok I will ask then and Ill keep eye out this post for your posting as im doing the upd858 pic mod at moment and would like to do similar type mod to mb8719 and especialy to the pll02a ssb radios ive got collecting dust on the shelf at the moment .. is there away or a redrawed schmatic and a new hex file to use a ky -040 ROTARY ENDCODER to your 858 pic microcontroller mod? Take care n 73's
lbcomms
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by lbcomms »

The one on the bench at the moment (just waiting for a bit of available time!) is a 1st gen PLL02A SSB radio. It will be using the Mega16, not the Mega8, as the 16 can drive both the PLL and LED at the same time. The Mega8 doesn't have enough pins to directly drive the channel LEDs.

It will have a rotary encoder in place of the channel switch (the original switch was a useless 18 position one, an old Aussie channel scheme from the 1980's) and go from 1 to 99 without a range / band selector switch.

Will document / photograph it and post it in a thread here, probably (touch wood) in a couple of weeks.
speeddemon

Post by speeddemon »

Hi sue I here ya on the time issue hopefully you will get the available time to do it and post it here that mod sounds gd that would be great as I have a few pll02a ssb radios would like to your atmgea16 mod to them :) .. will you be useing the radio org display or a aftermarket 3 digit 7seg display?
lbcomms
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by lbcomms »

It will use the original display, the owner wants to keep it looking stock standard. The original channel knob fits right onto the encoder switch shaft.

The channels will follow the Aussie channel scheme, 1 to 40 are the FCC channels and 41 to 99 are the two digits after the decimal point, i.e. 59 = 27.595 MHz. It's only a software change to alter it to follow the Euro 40 channel banks (i.e. 80 = 27.855) though if you prefer it that way.

Also easy enough to make it go higher and lower. Maybe 26.405 to 28.405, showing the Mhz on Tx and the two digits after the decimal point on Rx. No change to the circuit at all (other than radio broadbanding), it's all done in the programming.

At this stage, it'll be a couple of weeks away, when work hours here settle back to something approaching normality.