Hello from Finland!

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Poteroa
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: Teuvo

Hello from Finland!

Post by Poteroa »

Hi everyone!

New member here, my name is Pete from Southern Finland.
Back to CB after a very very....very long time, got the spark back as got an RV and thought that on the road it would be nice to chat sometimes..
Got my self an old Midland 78+ as it seemed to have a lot of good functions, like changing to different country channels easily when going through europe.. Does not have all the new fancy functions though, so maybe later some upgrade is needed..

Cheers! :thumbup:

Pete
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Re: Hello from Finland!

Post by porky.69 »

welcome pete. :wave:
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
Poteroa
Regular
Regular

Post by Poteroa »

porky.69 wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 11:48 welcome pete. :wave:
Thank you! I hope to have a "ball" here :wave:
jamie006
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie006 »

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be to soak up some knowledge. I myself have just started up after many years. I thought id have another bash at it.
Poteroa
Regular
Regular

Post by Poteroa »

jamie006 wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 21:52 Hi Pete, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be to soak up some knowledge. I myself have just started up after many years. I thought id have another bash at it.
Thanks Jamie!

Yea, me too. I just bought Midland 78+, but not installed it yet.
I have lying on the shelf an very old Mocoma 27 AM radio, tried to look for some FM module for it, but looks like its not available anymore.
(go wonder, its 30 years old) :lol:
Maybe its just best to leave it there, and maybe some day revive it, only 22AM bands..

I have been trying to find rubber protector for my Boston magnetic antenna base, seems to be also mission impossible. (30 years old too), but it was state of the art those days. :D

Maybe go for some rubber paint and hope not to scratch the car with it.

Still waiting for my call sign to be accepted from TM1.. Hope its approved, so can start to use it. ;)
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT013

Post by andrew013 »

hi pete and welcome ,for the size the 78`s are a very good am fm radio had a few back in the day i got a plastic wood style front facia for mine when i had it fitted in my old senator looked spot on but all my radio now have ssb as thats all i will use now
on air,tyne&wear,northumberland,durham,holy island,eu120+eu124 and anywhere from gateshead/north wales
scrap uk 40 give cbers L/M/Hcalling on 27.355/555 usb qsy 27.015 lsb/410 usb cb radio is for life not just for profits
i do cb radio not 11mtres,countrys worked 2015 with imax 2000 72
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to TM1. Absolute pleasure to have you with us on the forum :-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |