Hello from Morecambe

A place for new members to say hello and to introduce yourself.

If you're not sure where to post, try here!
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Hello from Morecambe

Post by Marky-boy »

My interests are pretty varied, licensed as a kid about 1981 or 82(ish) Worked briefly at Lncaster Uni doing electronics, used to fix and mod friends CB gear back in the day too ,i did mostly 2m SSB in the 80s (who didn't?) then as activity died off there, i moved onto HF and held various daily nets on 10m SSB for years, seen a lot doing that. last 4 or 5 years my self and the locals have been experimenting with digital voice, chiefly P25 but added DMR a little later, and we still run 2 networked MotoTRBO UHF repeaters, TG9 is common to each, we call it 'TAC9' Plans were to extend access to this DMR talkgroup by adding P25 access, VSELP (Astro) maybe too, and at some point a 10m FM gateway, i would like to add a TETRA gateway too, but lack of local activity has largely halted progress in this partucularly interesting aspect sadly. I write many of the articles on mbars.co.uk occasionally. I spend an inordinate amount of time reading on batlabs.com and p25.ca.

The only HF now here is an old 1970s SSB CB which i use to monitor 10m (and 11m for USA, listening for nostalgia purposes). recently beento Nevada and California USA and took my P25 scanner and enjoyed listeing to CB an 700/800mhz over there.
I'm a bit dissillusioned with the general apathy in the hobby at present, as activity is approaching zero, new people are getting licensed, Thankfully, and they are bringing activity back a little, which needs to be applauded, without them, the hobby would be dead.

My whole shack (now) is only made up of Motorola gear, i tried chinese DMR, but was disappointed, though enjoyed the hacked firmware side.
I have no antennas at this temporary QTH in Morecambe, as i plan to move out of the area soon.
Anyway, enough waffle from me,
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Hello from Morecambe

Post by Admiral »

Hi Mark, welcome to TM1, I believe all of the subjects you're interested in are discussed here, so I look forward to reading your posts.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome to TM1 and thank you for the introduction. :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
porky.69
Legend
Legend

Post by porky.69 »

welcome mark :thumbup:
This is my Territory.....Be on your way 8)
Marky-boy
Regular
Regular

Post by Marky-boy »

Thanks folks ! Nice to be here :)
look forward to chatting soon...
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

Hi and welcome! congrats on a "wise" choice on picking this forum!
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)