Memory location for Icom PC-R1500 with remote head

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
PSABIN8951
Regular
Regular

Memory location for Icom PC-R1500 with remote head

Post by PSABIN8951 »

Does anyone know where memory settings are stored when the remote head is used? Is it actually in the head?
Reason I ask is ive just programmed 4 banks of 100 channels with it connected via PC and all working fine with no head attached.
I've copied data from PC to receiver but when I re-attach the unit to the head in the car there are no settings.
If i've got to have the head atteched when copying across so be it but I'd like to know before I go extracting it all from the car!

Thanks in advance.
Rod2117
Regular
Regular

Re: Memory location for Icom PC-R1500 with remote head

Post by Rod2117 »

I think you have to have the head attached to the unit when you do the transfer. If you dont have the head attached I believe any frequencies would be be stored in the software on the PC.
Rod
26 TM 999 (Blackpool)
milly

Re: Memory location for Icom PC-R1500 with remote head

Post by milly »

Rod2117 is correct.

The xC-R1xxx receivers don't have an internal channel memory.

In the first instance you have been using your unit as a PC-R1500 and computer storage for channel memory.

In the second instance you are using the unit/head as an IC-R1500 when it will have 1000 available memory channels in the head unit.
"Search engine? How do I find that?"
"Sod it, let someone else do it"