PDW and SDR

General scanning discussion forum. Talk about anything to do with scanners, equipment, VHF/UHF reception and the art of catching those illusive signals!
Maybolelistner
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: MM6AAM

PDW and SDR

Post by Maybolelistner »

Good Afternoon ,

Wondering if anyone can help?

I managed to decode broken signals using a GRE pse 282 on PDw and someone suggested buying a sdr dongle which i did and for some reason i cant get it to work im picking up pagers and getting it into pdw but i dont think the antenna that came with the dongle is upto much has anyone got any suggestions?
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: PDW and SDR

Post by MrWeetabix »

You could buy an adaptor and connect it to an external antenna, just plan it better than my mate did recently ;-) haha
con1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Farty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Farty »

+1 for the above. Get a decent antenna adaptor. I also use a short high quality shielded USB extension so it can dangle down safely out the way.
In Before The Lock Champion of Total Magnificenceness May 2016
bozzy

Post by bozzy »

In PDW, what are you getting on the RX levels in the top right?

I find that the volume level is quite critical in PDW compared to other receiving programs.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Are you using a virtual cable to pipe the audio into PDW? Have you changed the settings to the cable input in PDW?
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition