Broadnet Systems BN01

A place to discuss internet linking of radio equipment, such as eQSO, FRN, iRLP, Echolink, and other such systems.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Broadnet Systems BN01

Post by Admiral »

radiosification wrote: Have you tried using the app on your current phone? Yes, works okay.
Does it have a powerful speaker so you can hear it in loud environments? Yes, on speakerphone it's jolly loud.
Or how about a dedicated PTT button? Yes, I can assign any of the physical buttons to a function.
Or a larger than normal antenna, so it still works in areas with less than ideal coverage? No, it's built in, but show me some stats that show a big antenna gets data from a mast in a poor signal area (not voice, data).
Or a slow processor which gives it much longer battery life? That's just nonsense, a 486 @33mhz draws more power than a quad core i7 @2.4ghz.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Interesting to hear your point if view Jay. Personally, I think that the phones don't look like they would cost £222 each even with import duty and tax and all the rest. I understand that you want to make a profit, but I also want to get a product for what I consider a reasonable price. I don't know how much they cost each from China but I would guess that it's under £100. Would you mind telling us how much each unit actually costs so we could put this matter to bed?
Just for the record, I don't advocate any personal attacks on anyone. I expressed annoyance earlier over the seemingly high price of the product and said that we should find out the true cost, to determine whether or not the company is ripping people off or not. And if it was decided that the company was ripping people off, then obviously inform people about the situation.
I respect the right of yours to run a business for profit but at the same time I'm sure you understand that I don't want to pay an unnecessarily high price for a product, when I believe that I can get it for much much less elsewhere.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Broadnet
New User
New User
Call Sign: G7JRG

Post by Broadnet »

The phones cost £119 minus import tax and shipping so around £135 I sell for £185 +VAT
Broadnet
New User
New User

Post by Broadnet »

I'd also like to add that this is aimed at business that want a working product out of the box security combines etc. All set up and ready to go with no hassle or fuss

I'm sure you can understand to set each one up for each individual takes some time and effort.

I'm not in the business of ripping any one off. If people are unhappy they can return them and so far I haven't had anyone returning them saying they were unhappy.

Jay
Broadnet
New User
New User

Post by Broadnet »

There of course are alternative units already in the UK
http://www.thephonetrader.co.uk/ruggear ... rg220.html they are only £346 and are pretty good I have a few kicking around used to use them a lot.
Jay
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

welcome to TM1 Broadnet. Thanks for entering the discussion, I am sure the members will have lots of questions for you.
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Broadnet wrote:The phones cost £119 minus import tax and shipping so around £135 I sell for £185 +VAT
Interesting. Thank you for coming on here and being open about it.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

I've always found it curious that so many on here consider selling something for more than you payed for it to be "ripping people off"...

It's not just this thread, you couldn't even count the number of threads about items on eBay etc. where the sole complaint seems to be that somebody is sure that they know how much the seller payed for an item and - shock horror - it is less than they are offering it for!

Profiteering and rip-offs happen every day, but what exactly is wrong with selling something in an open market, at any price? If the market will support the price then units will be sold and everyone is happy, if not the price will drop or the product will disappear.

I've been watching this thread and hoping that the seller Googles his company and turns up to the party... :lol:
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

I am sure Jay will be happy to answer any questions you all have.

Please play nicely with the lad, as he's taken the time to register so he can answer your questions about the product he is selling, and is posting openly, so we have to give him the credit for doing that, as well as telling us his mark-up, which is a rare moment of honesty in this game. If you run a business, you need to make profit, otherwise it's not much of a business ;-)

73 all de Craig
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
BlackRain
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6JSD

Post by BlackRain »

Fair play to Jay from BroadNet Communications for coming here and taking the time to register and put the record straight. At no point have I ever seen or heard him demand that anyone should part with their money to buy the BN001 from his company. I for one have happily parted with my money and have a handset on order from BroadNet and am now eagerly awaiting its arrival. The company have kept me fully informed of the status of my order, and Jay himself replied to an email from me almost instantly, I couldn't wish for a more professional service.
As for TRON, he's quite conspicuous by his absence from the latter part of this thread, or is it that it's taking some time for him to wash the egg off of his face?
JimUUU
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: 2E0UUU

Post by JimUUU »

TRON wrote:Anyone who GENUINELY wants one of these needs to let me know soon.
Morning Tron,

Myself and a couple of others have been looking at getting one, can't seem to get in touch with Jay at Broadnet! Have you had any further thoughts on getting some?

Regards, Jim
TRON

Post by TRON »

BlackRain wrote:Fair play to Jay from BroadNet Communications for coming here and taking the time to register and put the record straight. At no point have I ever seen or heard him demand that anyone should part with their money to buy the BN001 from his company. I for one have happily parted with my money and have a handset on order from BroadNet and am now eagerly awaiting its arrival. The company have kept me fully informed of the status of my order, and Jay himself replied to an email from me almost instantly, I couldn't wish for a more professional service.

Keep sucking, I'm sure you'll get the salty taste that you crave soon.

As for TRON, he's quite conspicuous by his absence from the latter part of this thread, or is it that it's taking some time for him to wash the egg off of his face?
I'm not absent, I'm busy. Maybe we should move to PM so that we can exchange address's and you can point out the "egg on my face".
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I'm no expert, but I think the 'egg on face' comment was maybe because you got the wrong company name, the wrong address, accused him of dissolving 17 companies, called him a 'box shifter', said that he doesn't know Android from Airwave, likened him to an illegal gypsy trader, 'do you like dags', and you suggest he will offer no aftersales support.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin

Post by MrWeetabix »

tap tap...... Mod on-thread.

Play nicely in the sandbox kids. We don't want any sand to get near any of that egg......

TRON

Post by TRON »

JimUUU wrote: Myself and a couple of others have been looking at getting one, can't seem to get in touch with Jay at Broadnet! Have you had any further thoughts on getting some?

Regards, Jim
LOL!

Jim, I'm working on it... Just like Jamie is, but I'm not taking your money and then failing to deliver am I?

Listen to me guys... If I spot a crack, or a wall that is likely to develop a crack, I will point it out. Loudly. If you think I'm talking crap, that's fine by me.

I am SICK of lining the pockets of parasites and leeches who are here for one reason, and one reason alone.. MONEY. Non of these characters were here before discussing velocity factors of co-ax cable or frequency responce of one isolation transformer over the next. The FIRST time you hear from them,they are trying to sell you something.

But, as everyone has said, it is open market right? So he can sell things, and so can I.
The difference is, I won't post LIES and utter non-sence on any advertising material. All facts and figures that I post about a piece of equipment are based upon real world tests, and usually posted to youtube so that you can all criticise (positively or negatively) what I am doing.

Would you all like to see some examples of LIES and utter non-sence on HIS advertising material? Its all right there, right now for you all to see.
Lets have a little challenge... Go and look at his website, and post any "indescrepencies" you find.
http://www.broadnet.systems/
You all have 24 hours. When the clock stops, I'll come and post what I found within 30 seconds of seeing his website.