Cleartone CM9000 .....

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Cleartone CM9000 .....

Post by welshevo »

morning all was wondering if there was a way to have my DMR radio ( RX only) connected directly to a CM9000 for portable use in a car,

so all my DMR traffic will go through the CM9000 and fire it out over tetra... is this a poss?

just another experiment im looking at.... ideally i dont want to have a signalink and 3G dongle and use ROIP as this defeats the object of a quick portable solution so instead of carrying various handies in different pockets i can fire various modes via CM9000 over one radio (tetra)

so the flow diagram would be TYT MD 380 scanning DMR and various analogue >>>> CM9000>>>>>>tetra handhelds.

any ideas?

thanks all
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
bigbloke
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Nominally Newport (South Wales) but potentially "anywhere"

Re: Cleartone CM9000 .....

Post by bigbloke »

well the one problem you will have is de-sense as soon as the CM-9000 fires up , there is a high probability that it would swamp the receiver of the MD-380 resulting in a string of one to two second duration overs.

why not simply stream the MD380 into an icecast server at home and listen on your smartphone ? much more discrete ?

Regards

BB
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Cleartone CM9000 .....

Post by radiosification »

If you're carrying around a radio anyway why not just carry around the TYT? Seems a bit pointless to carry around a TETRA radio just to receive relayed DMR audio. Sending the audio over TETRA will decrease the quality as well.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification