in Car Tetra and mixed modes?

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

in Car Tetra and mixed modes?

Post by welshevo »

ok just an idea im toying with...

is it possible to say have a cleartone CM9000 in car, in repeater or gateway mode, which will forward calls to a sepura handheld ... but here is the spanner in the works, i would like to be able to forward mixed modes to the sepura handheld! so for instance... a scanner or my DMR radio going through the cleartone and forward onto the tetra handheld? now im not sure if its possible but a good project maybe?

what i want to achieve is a one for all solution and i prefer the tetra handhelds, so if i could be able to have mixed modes being forwarded to the handheld that would be perfect! so any suggestions people?

thanks!!
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
NiCdeth

Re: in Car Tetra and mixed modes?

Post by NiCdeth »

It depends. If you want the CM900 to forward useable DMR data, no. If you want to send the decoded DMR audio, yes. You will need to build some kind of interface, depending if you want to talk back to DMR or just rx.
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

well ideally be able to RX over mixed modes using the tetra handheld but RX will be fine for the time being?? any ideas...
NiCdeth

Post by NiCdeth »

You'll probably need some kind of audio mixer, so the two sources (scanner, DMR) don't get damaged by each others outputs. Once these sources are mixed together, you need to feed them into the TETRA, maybe via an external mic input or so. Then you need to make the TETRA tx when it gets an audio input, you can get a vox circuit on the internet if there isn't a setting in the TETRA prog settings, A few implications:

Not too sure how legit it is to generally rebroadcast stuff over 70cm, assuming that's where you intend to do it (I'm not asking, btw)

The scanner and DMR will probably rx at the same time, which might sound weird.
morgan306
Regular
Regular

Post by morgan306 »

All RX feeds I.E: scanner,DMR,etc connected to teamspeak via comm port interfaces, Tetra terminal also connected. Only use the tetra terminal for TX, the other radios just RX. The cleartone repeats everything the tetra radio at home transmits.

I hope that makes sense. I have similar set up, although the other feeds aren't mine, they are in another teamspeak room should I wish to listen.
welshevo

Post by welshevo »

morgan it sounds like you have exactly what i need... would you care to send me a shopping list of what you have so i can match it and get my ROIP up? thanks dude :)
morgan306
Regular
Regular

Post by morgan306 »

No problem...

If I explain the setup in my cave you can take what you need from there.

I have an MTM800 which is connected to a small mag mount on my book shelf, the MTM is connected to one of these interfaces (which I can't rate enough) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-DIGIMODE- ... Sw4UtWSNEe

The CM is connected to to my external antenna for wide coverage.

If you want to stream local traffic, whether it's DMR, amateur, shopwatch, etc just buy another interface for each of your receiving radio(s).

I am certain Teamspeak allows multiple instances to run on the same machine, so just make sure each of your radios (or teamspeak users) are in the same room.

I don't have any of my own radios streaming, but on the Mad4Radio server there are quite a few. Colin (Mad4Radio on here) will know more than I do.

Another thing you'll need for using the interface is this plugin - http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/p ... ander.html

I hope that kind of makes sense, get the interface(s) first and get playing with those. I'm sure Mad4radio will offer his assistance if you want to get a gateway set up on his server!
morgan306
Regular
Regular

Post by morgan306 »

Another thing - I changed the plastic project box that the interface comes in to an aluminium one. Tetra manages to get its dirty noise all over the joint so I thought it would help prevent getting tetra modulation fed through the audio lines. I hadn't even tried the plastic one, so that could be fine so long as you don't sit it on top of your radio. If I get a chance tomorrow I may take a couple of pictures of my set-up, or maybe even a video. ooh la la.

I can finally say that my tetra over IP setup is dam near perfect now though!
Arrkon
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6RPV

Post by Arrkon »

Will definitely look at one of these units, seem a lot cheaper than the signalink (and do the same thing???), just got some Tetra handies, so if i can get a cheap enough cleartone or moto mobile be a good little setup.