Kirisun S780

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Mad4radio

Re: Kirisun S780

Post by Mad4radio »

Ok well I suppose the new dpmr repeater remains to be seen on what equipment is going to be used.....GB7RR is the prefix & is already in the hands of the ETCC awaiting approval if it gets it which fingers crossed it should, I'm still awaiting boggats comment about been able to decode the kirisun's via DSD which where he's getting that info from is most certainly wrong along with the range tests. I say again I've done an extensive range test with the kirisun's & have performed very well so I'm putting the range test you did down to environment issues which very well I could be wrong but going by the tests I've done they stack up pretty well.
I'm not stating that everything you say is wrong what I am stating is that for an easy way into playing digital & at half the cost of buying some mototrbo gear they certainly worth the penny's with some funky little features. The problems with the 3400's & a private call is that if someone private calls you ya don't have a clue who it is as they's no display to show the other participants ID where as the kirisun's do!! You carn't MS check another mototrbo set with a dp3400 but you can with the s780!! Yes you can with a 3600 but you don't have a 3600 so your playing on the 3400 with basic capabilities apart from having the option to use basic or enhanced encryption settings same on the other mototrbo gear available, (by the way that's no dig at you as it's down to what the user can afford)

I want to hear more about the claims that the kirisun's digital data that boggat claims is & can be demodulated via DSD???

Regards
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

Yes I'd also like to know where bogget got that info from. I'd like to see a video as proof actually.

I know I don't have any DMR radios with a display at the moment, but there are some out there you can get for quite cheap, which will do all that the kirisun does. CS700 for example is very cheap, only $180.
I'm not really comparing the features of the two radios, I'm speaking from the viewpoint of a small group who needs comms. They likely all know each other and won't need caller ID. I wasn't trying to recommend that they buy dp3400s anyway.
What they want is some radios that just work and give them some privacy, so all these extra features like text messaging and presence checks probably won't be useful to them.
If they were saying "I just want a digital radio or 2 to play with, and don't need them to work properly or be relied upon" then I'd say yes, the kirisuns are a good model of a digital walkie talkie that you can play with. But that's not what the poster said. He said that he wants comms for a small group for hill walking and patrolling an estate. So they need something that will just work without messing about and a load of hassle, or unreliability.
I don't think they would honestly care if they could see who is calling them, when they recognise their voice anyway, since its a small group of people.

My point is that the Kirisun is fun to play with, but in any serious situation where you need communications to just work, a proper radio (GP340, DP3400 etc) will win hands down.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
Mad4radio

Post by Mad4radio »

Yep ok we could rant all night (hi) on another note see if this peaks your interest or anyone else's, MOTOTRBO STAR
Listening to the yanks on DMR they loving the idea of a radio capable of d-star & mototrbo rolled into one unit & apparently he's taking orders at the upcoming convention that's been held ready for when they come out on the market. "Make yourself comfy its a 46minute discussion"

http://youtu.be/imUpkkpJKiU

Regards
welshevo
Call Sign: 163TM995

Post by welshevo »

hey radiosification ..if your not getting on with your kirisun S780's ....would you consider selling...im looking to do some testing with these....or have they been sold already or thrown out of the window :D
:thumbup: Tetra is a Lonely place! Get DMR instead! (163TM995) ...... :thumbup:
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

welshevo wrote:hey radiosification ..if your not getting on with your kirisun S780's ....would you consider selling...im looking to do some testing with these....or have they been sold already or thrown out of the window :D
I sent you a pm about it
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

hi Radiosification ive noticed you did another test on the Kirisun,
they included the Motorola DP3400 Kirisun S780, and Baofeng UV-5R,

I noticed that you had the smaller antanna on this radio, just wondered if you did a test using the longer ones,
I did a test with these Kirisun radios too and found that if I used the smaller antanna I did not get a good range compared with using the the longer antanna, the longer ones, where much better than the small ones. I was not using them on digital as they are not the same firmware and sometimes have problem connecting them, so had to use them in Analogue on pmr channels, I was getting about the same disstants as the normal pmr radios I have,
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
Uniden +BCT15x + BCD396t +BCD536 hp
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

handyguy2002 wrote:hi Radiosification ive noticed you did another test on the Kirisun,
they included the Motorola DP3400 Kirisun S780, and Baofeng UV-5R,

I noticed that you had the smaller antanna on this radio, just wondered if you did a test using the longer ones,
I did a test with these Kirisun radios too and found that if I used the smaller antanna I did not get a good range compared with using the the longer antanna, the longer ones, where much better than the small ones. I was not using them on digital as they are not the same firmware and sometimes have problem connecting them, so had to use them in Analogue on pmr channels, I was getting about the same disstants as the normal pmr radios I have,
In fact, I was using the longer antenna in the video you mention.
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

[/quote]
In fact, I was using the longer antenna in the video you mention.[/quote]

Oh I must apologize for my misstake. but it does look like your using the smaller antenna ,
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
Uniden +BCT15x + BCD396t +BCD536 hp
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Nah the video just cuts off the top section due to the zoom
electronicnoobblog
Regular
Regular

Post by electronicnoobblog »

Hello,

I'v got Zastone DP860 with look outside the same as Kirisun S780.

When plugging mic, i burn audio IC - it was literally burn in, there was hole inside chip.

Radio was dead silent - no beep, nothing from speaker

I'm playing with electronic so i go for replace smd amplifier by myself .
TDA2822M
I put this one, and it's start working but there is audio noise, distortion ( i can hear transmission / audio beep) so amplifier is working but there is some noise - i also replace IC again because at first time i was thinking i had defective one.

I notice audio TDA2822M IC is getting very hot while in use.

I thing something is shorted else and overloading new audio IC.

Here is audio recorded by me from radio on my bench:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSjkiE3Hv0U

If anyone could help me point where i should look for fault i will be more than happy.

Audio distortion is also head on BEEP, so i don't think it's a receiver part problem.

Any ideas are welcome

regards
ferrels
New User
New User

Post by ferrels »

Why not just buy a new one? You can get a new one for $40 USD on ebay from this seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221325821426?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
electronicnoobblog
Regular
Regular

It's not about buying, it's about fixing.
Check my blog, one time i fix cigarette lighter charger worth 1 usd by replace usb connector and i feel good about that because i don't throw it to garbage like most will do. That's not only price matter, it's a hobby.
I'm not any environmental person just feel good when manage fix something :>
TRON

Post by TRON »

electronicnoobblog wrote:It's not about buying, it's about fixing.
Check my blog, one time i fix cigarette lighter charger worth 1 usd by replace usb connector and i feel good about that because i don't throw it to garbage like most will do. That's not only price matter, it's a hobby.
Ignore the one post wonder above. "It" is clearly a shill account that is set up for the purpose of making profit, aided by free advertising on here. If I had my way, people would need to have 100 posts OF SOME WORTH before advertising.

Back to your problem.

Have you got a service manual / circuit layout for your radio?
electronicnoobblog
Regular
Regular

TRON wrote:
electronicnoobblog wrote:It's not about buying, it's about fixing.
Ignore the one post wonder above. "It" is clearly a shill account that is set up for the purpose of making profit, aided by free advertising on here. If I had my way, people would need to have 100 posts OF SOME WORTH before advertising.

Back to your problem.

Have you got a service manual / circuit layout for your radio?
You have right, one post and targeted advertisement, they are getting smarter and better :)

I don't have any schematic , manual.
I tried ask Zastone, but they direct me to seller for fix / replacement.
For me that way is closed, because i already replace audio IC, so i'm not going ask seller where i bought this over year ago and play stupid "something happened and stop working" :)

I share (in attachment) picture of board (closeu-ps as much i can with my camera)

On : DSC03151-min.JPG
You can see IC that i replace.

Lot's of capacitor's around abut i don't think they may go bad by "shorting" - anyway i can't test them because i don't know what value they should give :)

I'm just don't know how to start with this.

Last chance will be follow his idea of buy second radio, and start blind poke both using multi-meter to find difference between two of them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TRON

Post by TRON »

Hmmm... Is the IC the only thing you replaced? The reason I ask is that the soldering on some of the other components isn't too hot to be honest. I've seen far worse that works just fine. My soldering on surface mount isn't great either. However, I don't have a few million pounds worth of pick and place robots and wave solder machines like "quangsushita radio factory".

Did you replace the IC with one EXACTLY the same?
What is the audio IC model?
Could you post the data sheet for the audio IC?

You have an ocilloscope probe in the photo shot. What would be good, is to look up the audio IC data sheet, and find out exactly what the audio IC expects to be driven with in terms of power supply / bias / output load.
With the above info, you could probe the inputs / outputs with the scope and even visualise the waveform in real time.

"thou shal check voltages"
Dave jones
EEV blog