Kirisun S780

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Kirisun S780

Post by RogerD »

TRON wrote:Nope, but I did see the sarcastic responce you got from "Roger D" about the Poll on digital you posted.
Well, the options were a bit nuts!

I'm happy if people like to play with digital, it's no skin off my nose. My personal belief (if you're ok with me having an opinion) is that digital is wholly unnecessary and I'd be sad to see it totally replace analogue. But all opinions are equally valid :)
TRON

Post by TRON »

No problem with opinions at all.. But I do resent the timeless arguments of:
Phone VS Morse
M3 VS RAE
Digital VS analogue

You have to admit that you and few others seem to pop up quite frequently in other peoples posts, and seem to take great delight in putting the cat amongst the pigeons. Digital is something that you clearly have no interest in, so why not just "poll" your answer and leave it at that?

There is a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience on this forum which is born from peoples wildly varying hobbies, jobs and interests. From time to time, you will witness others taking pleasure from something you don't enjoy. There is no need to put them or their interests down.

"digital is unnecessary" Unnecessary? Could you clarify what you mean by "unnecessary"?
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RogerD »

It doesn't solve any of analogue's supposed 'problems', adds nothing worth having except extra complexity and makes it harder to find anything to listen to :)
OK, so it adds privacy. There's value in that to the users, but it's annoying to traditional scanner enthusiasts.
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by radiosification »

it adds a lot of things:
presence checking to see if someone is in range without disturbing them
messaging
easy encryption

As a scanner user I understand why you don't like it, but for the user its actually a lot better.
If you're interested in digital voice, check out my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/radiosification
TRON

Post by TRON »

"It doesn't solve analogue problems"
Who suggested it HAD to?

"adds nothing worth having"
Apart from presence check, ad hoc text messaging, point to point private calls, high speed data, greater USEABLE range, heightened levels of encryption, familiar user interfaces etc etc

"makes it harder to find anything to listen to"
Is that what you meant by "unnecessary"?
RogerD
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by RogerD »

bah humbug :)

You have given me food for thought. I wouldn't normally dream of putting down niche interests, so you did get me there for a few moments, made me feel guilty for knocking digital.
But in my defense it's because when something new comes along and threatens to spoil the old ways you know and love, you feel justified to air your grievances on a public forum.

I shall have to consider my position........
TRON

Post by TRON »

No drama's. I don't think digital will replace analogue anyway. At least, not in our lifetime.
If not being able to listen in to people is a concern, and you're really "in to" scanning, why not sort a scanner out with discriminator tap, and feed it into DSD decoder? If you live in a built up area, there will almost definitely be some professional DMR traffic local to you.

If you find enough DMR traffic to make it worthwhile, you could even invest in a decent DMR radio like one of Motorola's TRBO series. They do digital AND analogue, so its not a one trick pony.

You might be surprised what you can hear! Often the security companies etc believe that because they are using digital, they completely secure, so some of the stuff they talk about can be quite "sensitive".
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

TRON wrote:No drama's. I don't think digital will replace analogue anyway.
I dont think it will replace analougue but for the enthusiasts, its a hobby, and those that like to try something different should not be mocked at, weather you like it or not,

at the end of day change is going to happen, and yes maybe not in our time, but there are to many people wanting an easy life, and analogue is an easy life,
there was a lot of people upset when digital first came out, as lot of companys could not listen too, but then some people worked out how to listen to that,,

I just think that Kirisun is a cheap way to try Digital for those who want to try it,,

so can we get back onto the subject,,
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
Uniden +BCT15x + BCD396t +BCD536 hp
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2
TRON

Post by TRON »

Certainly! So.. what do use digital for? How do you actually implement it?
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

hi guys

here is some info about the above radio. pic, changes and even a test mode program,
whatever that means, but might come in handy to some guys on here,

you are going to have to translate the page,

http://petyamuvek.hu/kirisun_s780.htm
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

Ah thats the guy who stole all the stuff from the yahoo group. I remember one of the members being a bit annoyed that he just copied it all off the group and put it on his own site and acted like it was his own. Most of the information available on that link is also available in English if you look closely through the kirisun s780 Yahoo group.
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

radiosification wrote:link is also available in English if you look closely through the kirisun s780 Yahoo group.
Oh :oops: I better put my Glasses on,,, :shock:

I didnt know that ,

just a thought, Is the voice encryption on kirisun compatable with any other chinese radio that has voice scamblers,
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2
radiosification
Top Poster
Top Poster

The voice encryption is only on digital, it doesn't habe analog encryption or scrambling so it won't work with any of those radios with inversion point scrambling.
I don't know if it will work with any other chinese digital radios, I'm not even sure if there are any non kirisun radios that are compatible with the s780.
handyguy2002

Post by handyguy2002 »

radiosification wrote:The voice encryption is only on digital, it doesn't have analog encryption or scrambling so it won't work with any of those radios with inversion point scrambling.
I'm sure I read somewhere that encryption was on either, oh well I must have read wrong and as for other chinese digital radios, I cant comment as I only know about Kirisun,

I just wish my program cable would hurry up, so that I can have a play with it,
Binatone 950
QuanSheng TG-UV2
TYT 380 + TYT 9600
Kirisun S780
HYTERA PD505
WHISTLER TRX2
TRON

Post by TRON »

handyguy2002 wrote:
TRON wrote:No drama's. I don't think digital will replace analogue anyway.
Kirisun is a cheap way to try Digital for those who want to try it
So what are you doing with the digital side of your radio?
I've been playing with digital for a long time now, and I thoroughly enjoy all the things it can do.
The problem is, that there is no one within radio range of me to connect to, and I assume that same problem will affect others.
Without anyone else to talk to, what do you actually do with the digital side?