Tetra. Is anyone else using it?

The place to discuss Commercial & Private licensed hand held & mobile transceivers, as well as imported hand held and mobile transceivers.
Dagnabbit

Re: Tetra. Is anyone else using it?

Post by Dagnabbit »

No I don't, obviously not :D
but would you please mind clarifying, out of interest, do you use yours in some kind of TMO, straightforward DMO, or repeated DMO? Enlighten us please, what these things are capable of and how easy it is.
thanks
TRON

Post by TRON »

{bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd}

This thread is going nowhere. If i was an admin, I'd simply delete it.

The title of the thread is "Tetra. Is anyone else using it?".

It is not "Dilute this thread with questions about Tetra".

Never mind guys.. Enjoy your Pye Westminsters. I'm GENUINELY sorry that I started a thread with the intention of getting Tetra users together for the purposes of sharing resources and knowledge.

{bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd} {bnghd}
Guzzy
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM002

Post by Guzzy »

Seeing as Tron has reported ten separate posts in this thread as being 'off topic', I guess he's not to happy with people derailing his thread.

Please keep this thread on topic: 'Tetra, is anyone else using it?'

If you want to discuss some other aspect of TETRA or its usage, please create a new thread, it's not a big effort and helps keep the forums useful.

Thanks. ;)
TRON

Post by TRON »

Many thanks Guzzy.

For those who ARE interested, I will be creating a new thread in which I will illustrate, in excruciating detail, exactly how I am using Tetra terminals. Pictures, circuit diagrams, suppliers.. the works.
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by LeakyFeeder »

I havnt a clue how Tetra actually works.... but as i said earlier i will be using it (airwave) soon as it will be part of my job....

Would be nice to know exactly what makes it tick an the nitty gritty of the system... but seeing as my lack of knowledge on the subject makes me look 'small' then i will look/ask elsewhere..... :roll:

Only on the internet eh... ;)
TRON

Post by TRON »

Your lack of knowledge on the subject does not make you look small. On the other hand, you weren't posting meaningless drivel in the hope of making it LOOK like you had some knowledge on the subject either. Unlike others.

Tetra is a totally open standard, so every detail about how it works is publicly available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrestrial_Trunked_Radio
http://www.etsi.org/website/technologies/tetra.aspx

This information can be had on paper copy by writing to the relevant body, but otherwise yes, "Only on the internet ... ;)"
Dagnabbit

Post by Dagnabbit »

TRON wrote:For those who ARE interested, I will be creating a new thread in which I will illustrate, in excruciating detail, exactly how I am using Tetra terminals. Pictures, circuit diagrams, suppliers.. the works.
Thanks, I look forward to it. I may have been slightly antagonistic earlier due to my irritation with digital taking over from perfectly functional analogue, and if that really annoyed you then I guess I could apologise. But that's what forums are like, it's for open discussion, threads do sometimes deviate, and members usually accept that :)
superdave
Call Sign: M6JXP

Post by superdave »

TRON wrote:Many thanks Guzzy.

For those who ARE interested, I will be creating a new thread in which I will illustrate, in excruciating detail, exactly how I am using Tetra terminals. Pictures, circuit diagrams, suppliers.. the works.
I look forward to it :)
TRON

Post by TRON »

No drama's.. I regularly have to tolerate abuse from various groups because of my choice of hobby. I've been ejected from multistorey car parks for using radio, I've been told flat out that "Tetra is illegal" etc etc..
So because of all this, its kind of hard to separate the trolls from the genuine information seekers.

I'm not slagging analogue off. Never have, never will. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with analogue.. I just enjoy playing with Tetra thats all, and with all the terminals that are bought and sold on Ebay, I thought that there MUST be one or two on here that would be up for connecting in some way.
phillowe
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: M6PHV

Post by phillowe »

What type of licence would you need for tetra radios
TRON

Post by TRON »

phillowe wrote:What type of licence would you need for tetra radios

PM sent
phillowe
Regular
Regular

Post by phillowe »

So what licence do you need to use tetra radios
TRON

Post by TRON »

phillowe wrote:So what licence do you need to use tetra radios
I sent you a PM with all the details you would need.
I didn't post the details here, as licencing has nothing to do with the title of the thread " Tetra. Is anyone else using it? ".

I also replied (with the EXACT same information) to a similar post you made on another thread, which leads me to believe that you are attempting to troll me.
phillowe
Regular
Regular

Post by phillowe »

I cant find the pm on my phone
TRON

Post by TRON »

phillowe wrote:I cant find the pm on my phone
So you're not using Tetra then?