Wouxun KG-UV8D Low rf output.

Licence free two-way radio services that now includes both FM and digital channels. Discuss models, modifications and other similar worldwide standards such as FRS and GMRS.
listner132
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Wouxun KG-UV8D Low rf output.

Post by listner132 »

Hi guys i have recently got one of the above radios not new from a mate..problem is after checking it wth a aviar vhf/uhf meter and dummy load the output on vhf/uhf is only showing just over 2 watts on high power. Now i have tested a baofeng uv5r and another uv5r plus and both of thes radio show over 4 watts on the same meter so i know the meter is fine. Anyone else have a Wouxun KG-UV8D that could also test power out and gve me some comparisons ?

thanks.
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Wouxun KG-UV8D Low rf output.

Post by Mikel »

I have not got that particular Wouxun model unfortunately and don't own a suitable power meter to test the 3 different models I use.

Some of the BaoFeng models have a power adjustment pot on the front of the circuit board i have been informed, or at least the UV-82 has so maybe the Wouxun is the same ?
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

listner132 wrote:Hi guys i have recently got one of the above radios not new from a mate..problem is after checking it wth a aviar vhf/uhf meter and dummy load the output on vhf/uhf is only showing just over 2 watts on high power. Now i have tested a baofeng uv5r and another uv5r plus and both of thes radio show over 4 watts on the same meter so i know the meter is fine. Anyone else have a Wouxun KG-UV8D that could also test power out and gve me some comparisons ?

thanks.
Just tested mine. 4 Watts output on high power from standard battery.
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
listner132
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by listner132 »

Thanks fella.. mine must be fooked !