home made hf antenna help needed please

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: home made hf antenna help needed please

Post by andymuza »

George, are you willing to make an antenna or would you just prefer to buy one?
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Post by WARLOCK »

HI ANDYMUZA i would love to make my own antenna as long as it was very easy to make as i am 71 my hands are not as supply as they used to be ,So i guess i am left with having to buy one ,
from george
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

WARLOCK wrote:HI ANDYMUZA i would love to make my own antenna as long as it was very easy to make as i am 71 my hands are not as supply as they used to be ,So i guess i am left with having to buy one ,
from george
Full Wave Delta Loop is a very simple Antenna as it's just wire. 1007/the working frequency will give you the length of the wire in feet.

EG 1007/14.250 = 70 feet 6.6 inches. Configure it in a triangle or square. Connect some 75 Ohm coax via a heavy duty terminal block (think it's 11 feet 2 inches, will confirm) as this will be the matching stub. This allows multiband operation (tuner may be required for some bands). Then connect your chosen coax and bingo. The hardest part is mounting it.

I have used a delta loop for years and had some of the best DX going with one.

If I lived local I would pop round and do it for you.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

OK the matching stub is measured as such.

246 * the 75ohm matching stub velocity factor (.66) / Working frequency.

EG 246 * .66 / 14.250 = 11 feet 3.9 inches.

I had the 2 corners of mine mounted under the the gutter of my house while the 3rd corner went to a pole in the garden.

Have a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJl3S9x6K_I