Antenna Mast Anyone?...

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
eveready
Regular
Regular

Antenna Mast Anyone?...

Post by eveready »

Just in case you were looking to start your own radio station... But seriously, you could convert it to HAM bands by swapping out the antennas... if you had a truck that can pull 3000 Kg.

See here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191959739984
Eveready
LeakyFeeder
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Antenna Mast Anyone?...

Post by LeakyFeeder »

An some tool would buy it then stick a DV27 at the top fed with poundland rg58
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT239

Post by Tim »

Bit of a contradiction in terms saying that there's 'no reserve' and putting a BIN price of 28K on t!
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

Not really - ebay fees make this very common now. If somebody bids, then the starting price is met, so they should get it. The BIN is just incase somebody sees it for what it is - a BIG tower, and wants to grab it no matter what.
eveready
Regular
Regular

Post by eveready »

Still seems like a crazy price that. Radiostructures could build one for 1/2 that I reckon.
Eveready
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

paulears wrote:Not really - ebay fees make this very common now. If somebody bids, then the starting price is met, so they should get it. The BIN is just incase somebody sees it for what it is - a BIG tower, and wants to grab it no matter what.
No, listing it with a BIN price is what they want for it, it's another way of saying, 'this is the reserve', it's a way to prevent eBay taking 8% of what you would have put the reserve at, eBay will take a percentage of your 'reserve' price regardless of weather the item is sold or no, they tried to take this percentage of an item I reserved a while ago, £29 the amount was, I rang them up and demanded they pay me back, I told them that to take money for an item that did not sell was rather sneaky, their representative said that it was 'in their T's & C's', I said I didn't care about that as it is immoral, underhand and most probably illegal! They paid me back.
paulears
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: G4RMT

Post by paulears »

That's what I said - reserves are rather pointless, so you start the auction at your lowest price and if you get more for the BIN because people just want it - the charges work better.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Tim wrote:Bit of a contradiction in terms saying that there's 'no reserve' and putting a BIN price of 28K on t!
How do you get that? Bid £17k, the starting amount, and the buy it now option will disappear forever... and if nobody else bids, then it's yours for 17 large. :eh:
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

It doesn't always work like that, it depends on the seller, he could well pull it a few seconds before the end time and say that it's no longer available, he would need to give reason why to eBay but that's not hard, and then later relist it 'due to a non payer'. I've seen it all before.
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

So, just to be clear: you are saying that sow891 is a dishonest seller who will pull this auction if it does not reach the BIN price?

I guess you must know something about them that I don't. Although 225 positive feedbacks and zero negatives..............

Tim wrote:Bit of a contradiction in terms saying that there's 'no reserve' and putting a BIN price of 28K on t!
Tim
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Tim »

Your words. not mine!
kr0ne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kr0ne »

Tim wrote:he could well pull it a few seconds before the end time and say that it's no longer available, he would need to give reason why to eBay but that's not hard, and then later relist it 'due to a non payer'.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Unless eBay has changed it's rules, you can't pull an auction with an hour to go if it has a bid. I've not sold there for ages so am quoting year old rules.

This is commercial gear made to commercial standards which doesn't come cheap, I have no idea of the actual value of this kit, but I imagine the seller has pitched somewhere near it's worth.

And just for the record, there is a thread in the Members Lounge for bitching about eBay sellers, I'm sure the mods would appreciate you using that in future rather than a public forum.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition