homemade antenna 164mhz

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
mi3uty
Regular
Regular

homemade antenna 164mhz

Post by mi3uty »

Hi guys just looking to know if anyone has any idea on a simple/basic antenna to tx on 164mhz i do SAR and it would be great to have a antenna for mobile controll,this will be my first time building one so please keep instructions simple lol verticle or dipole design nothing to big :D
takara

Re: homemade antenna 164mhz

Post by takara »

For a simple mobile, get a quarter wave 2 meter whip and cut a bit off the top.
RadioPixie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM552

Post by RadioPixie »

mi3uty wrote:Hi guys just looking to know if anyone has any idea on a simple/basic antenna to tx on 164mhz i do SAR and it would be great to have a antenna for mobile controll,this will be my first time building one so please keep instructions simple lol verticle or dipole design nothing to big :D
As takara says.

You can buy 1/4w VHF mobile whips with cutting charts, but I can't think for a mo what companies do them.

Or there's this one which probably doesn't need trimming since 17 inches is approx 1/4w at 164 MHz: http://www.moonraker.eu/pmr-and-pmr446/ ... mr-antenna

If you wish to make one for mobile, use a 17" whip on a CB radio gutter or magmount or if you wish a dipole for portable work, 2 pieces of 17" long aluminum tube on a commercial dipole centre which you can purchase from most radio dealers.

Lots of construction details on how to build antennas on YouTube.
73 from Dave the Pixie - 26CT052 - 26TM552 - CB Radioaficionado
mi3uty
Regular
Regular

Post by mi3uty »

thanks dave i will give it a try, thanks again for the reply
mark mi3uty