Please could someone help in any way?

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
JGR
Registered New User
Registered New User

Please could someone help in any way?

Post by JGR »

I am trying to repair my Diamond V2000 with a new set of capacitors along the tuning coils. Problem is that these are oddball sizes and search as I might I cannot find similar, so does any one have these rare values hidden amongst there bits and bobs and if so would you sell them to me?

These are the values I desperately require:

2 x 15 pF 500V NPO
2 x 1.5 pF 500V NPO
1 x 39 pF 500V NPO
1 x 4 pF 500V NPO

Many thanks John
Do not believe everything that is in black and white.
Oh and prestigious Winner of "In Before The Lock June 2014"
Flex 5000A, Trio TS-830S, Icom IC-E2820, IC-E92D and a DVB-T SDR Dongle
sureshot
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM413

Re: Please could someone help in any way?

Post by sureshot »

Do they need to be working voltage of 500 volts ? :)
CB call. Shipwreck.
duncan2
New User
New User

Post by duncan2 »

Can you not series different values to bring down the total capacitance? All those values come within the values of the old "bee hive" variable trimmer capacitors -0-approx 40PF I used to have some kept when in the early 60s I built the "nightrider" comm. receiver. Or for the 1.5 PF could you not twist 2 well insulated wires together and measure them . Not as funny as it sounds as thats what applied the bfo signal to oscillator valve in an old Hallicrafters SX28 I had.
JGR
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by JGR »

@ Sureshot, they are used in a high voltage tuning coils at the base of the antenna so any less and they would probably just go in a puff of smoke.

@duncan2, I have very limited room to fit these in as they are tight up against the wall of the antenna tube that slides over them so trying to cram more in there will not help.
I do like the idea of the wires and that is one I never thought about, surely the capacitance would wander in different temperatures and humidity.

Good news to you all I have sourced the exact ones I needed after many hours on ebay typing in different combinations for there values. Most are now obsolete varieties so I bought spares which I hope not to ever need again! :)
Do not believe everything that is in black and white.
Oh and prestigious Winner of "In Before The Lock June 2014"
Flex 5000A, Trio TS-830S, Icom IC-E2820, IC-E92D and a DVB-T SDR Dongle