CJU antenna

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
thazlett

Re: CJU antenna

Post by thazlett »

John,

Been a while since your last reply on this antenna. Have you managed to find any more information on it? Gain...etc. I still got mine I built last year. I also built a 9 ele yagi. I can try and do some comparisons between them. Also have a moxon I could throw into the mix.
TM304
M6THZ
swizz69
Regular
Regular

Post by swizz69 »

I fancy a go at a 2m version for Practical Wireless's QRP Contest :ugeek:

Will probably be either walking or pedalling to somewhere - the awkward bit looks to be the loop to make it portable - a full wave loop though should = reduced noise for working weak stations so may be a good trade-off.

@ 5thElement - have you tried yours for anything other than satellite use?
swizz69
Regular
Regular

Post by swizz69 »

I just wish there was more information regarding the theory behind it and why the spacing between the driven element and reflector is what it is etc
Found a bit of an explanation in this Pdf on page 3 >>> http://personales.ya.com/ea4cax/paginae ... ingles.pdf

It seems that the Reflector acts as a match to the loop, reducing the impedance nearer to 50 Ohms.
I also built a 9 ele yagi. I can try and do some comparisons between them. Also have a moxon I could throw into the mix.
Would love to read a comparison. Most of the snippets google throws up suggests it beats a 3 el yagi. I could never get a brilliant match with my 5 el sotabeam copy so am itching to try something different. Being lighter, I'd trust one of these a bit higher up the f/glass fishing pole too.