what radio and antenna best for VHF MARINE ?

Do you enjoy making your own equipment or antennas? Discuss construction and design in here.
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

what radio and antenna best for VHF MARINE ?

Post by WARLOCK »

As i live quite near to the wash /kings lynn /wisbech /port sutton bridge i would like to know what radio and antenna would be good for listerning to the vhf marine band on also is it possable for me to build a antenna myself anyway ?
from warlock1946
mikecharlie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: what radio and antenna best for VHF MARINE ?

Post by mikecharlie »

warlock, why do you keep asking the same questions over and over ( sometimes repeated from months and months ago) on 1 or more threads about the same topic question, ?
Radio, wall of sound, coming up from my tower...
Radio, wall of sound, 24 hours of power...........!!!
WARLOCK
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM134

Post by WARLOCK »

the reason i ask the same question again months later is because i have tried out what has been sugested and if that has not worked i ask the question again, i wish i knew it all as some on these threads seem to think they do, if they know so much why do they not help people like me who do not know it all if they did help i would not have to keep asking these stupid questions that the know it alls dont like me asking anyway what has it got to do with them anyway or has one got to ask them if it will be ok to ask a question. from warlock1946
mikecharlie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by mikecharlie »

I cetrainly havent said that any of the questions were stupid, I just wondered why you had repeated questions that other members had already given answers to in the past.
I also certainly didnt pertain to know everything, not everyone on here does and ...I definately do not, I ask about lots of stuff on here, and usually recieve very helpfull answers.

I we all truly did know everything, than there wouldnt be this site in existance, it wouldnt be required, and moreover so would the hobby, as nothing would be left to learn.

But following on from your question, there was a thread by someone asking the same sort of question, and I took the time to draw a fairly detailed diagram of a marine band antenna that you could make for a lot less than cost to buy one........

Here is the thread with diagram.......http://www.transmission1.co.uk/forum/vi ... =5&t=16157
Radio, wall of sound, coming up from my tower...
Radio, wall of sound, 24 hours of power...........!!!