Russian Strategic Voice Net

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
Yamanx
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26FB001

Russian Strategic Voice Net

Post by Yamanx »

Listening to four Russian bombers last night on route.

8033 usb

Interesting stuff, I follow various spy station twitter feeds and one came up with this yesterday. I tried to use my iphone translator to read what they were saying, but too much qrn on their side for the iphone to pick out the language. Even though one of the jets was 5/9+20db. The translator couldn't pick out the dispatcher either.

It went on for some time, and was again active on the same frequency early this morning.

Of course I don't know any Russian and even if I did I suspect they would be using code so I have no real idea where they were on route to or from. But this mornings news is that the Russians have re-started their campaign against Syrian rebels yesterday, so a good bet it was these aircraft.

Keep an eye on 8033 & 8909, there's a good bit of information around the internet.
By all means think yourself big, but never think others small.... R.F.Scott

FBDX
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: Russian Strategic Voice Net

Post by Admiral »

Interesting stuff, just for the record, I speak fluent English but I can hardly make out a word that US mil pilots say to each other, so I wouldn't rush out and get a Linguaphone course in Russian any time soon.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition