MW Dx

A place to discuss the HF and Shortwave listening side of the radio hobby. Discuss equipment, frequencies and antenna systems etc. Anything HF!
acl777

Re: MW Dx

Post by acl777 »

I'm picking up a Christian station on 1368khz in English with an American accent. I've checked WRTH but can't identify what it is or where it is coming from. Is anybody else picking this up, I usually get Manx or Lincolnshire on this frequency. Infact I'm getting another American accented sounding station co channeling with this one as well.
acl777

Post by acl777 »

It's sounding like its EGR (European gospel radio) but its being broadcast on Manx radio. So I guess I've answered my own question . Anyway this week I've picked up some transatlantic Dx with Caribbean beacon on 1610khz(Anguilla)and radio Rebelde(Cuba) coming in during the early hours.
acl777

Post by acl777 »

It seems 0500 hrs is quite a good time for transatlantic dx at the moment. This morning I picked up a station from what I believe is Boston on 1510kz. I didn't get a positive station ID though. Nevertheless it was from the States.
Andy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Andy »

I find transatlantic dxing maddening. 99% of the time I can hear heterodynes with the european stations and some weak US signals on clear channels. The stations are just on the edge of readabilty but the accent is unmistakably American. And of course the station fades or distorts every time it ID's. {bnghd}
'SOMEONE GET ME A SAW!'
Andy.
acl777

Post by acl777 »

Yes I feel exactly the same. I must admit I prefer VHF/UHF dx both amateur and broadcast FM when the conditions are right.