Edinburgh Airport Trial Departure Route

A place to discuss airband listening, frequencies and anything related to this area of the hobby.
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Edinburgh Airport Trial Departure Route

Post by stratocaster »

Noticed that too ElliotG, let's see what the other trials offer, but no matter what, you'll always get the whingers :roll: It would be interesting to do a wee survey of the whingers and find out if they have used or will use flight as transport, or if they're regular flyers etc, then we can all point at them and shout hypocrite! :lol:
You can never have enough radios!
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

I live pretty much 3 mile away from the runway and the noise doesn't bother me at all although i guess this is because i have a interest in all things aircraft and radio : ). I think a second runway should be built : ) just to **** the moaners off.
Whistler TRX-1
stratocaster
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by stratocaster »

I'm pretty similar in outlook with hobbies etc, radio and aviation! I live on the flightpath before the glidepath and believe me,I love looking out and seeing what is on the way in! I'd quite happily live next to the airport! 2nd runway is on the cards I believe!
You can never have enough radios!
BK
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by BK »

elliotg wrote:I live pretty much 3 mile away from the runway and the noise doesn't bother me at all although i guess this is because i have a interest in all things aircraft and radio : ). I think a second runway should be built : ) just to **** the moaners off.
I live a similar distance from the runway and the noise doesn't bother me either. When I'm walking the dogs along Cramond beach I love to see the planes going right overhead, but recently I was at Cramond Surgery picking up a prescription and the noise indoors was tremendous - I wouldn't want to live there!