DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: DSD-S**t Sorry I mean DSD+

Post by nay27uk »

OK here you go.

Download the zip file called SDRRadio.zip and unpack it to your desktop.
When Unpacked you should have a folder called SDRRadio all of the SDR# Stuff will be inside this folder.
To run SDR# open the folder SDRRadio then open the folder called SDR# and click on SDRSharp.exe.

The folder called SDR# has everything already installed Including DSD+ etc etc and is where you will use SDR# from.

The other two folders are self explanatory.

"Only used when you first install SDR#" this folder contains all of the unzipped stuff needed after a fresh installation of SDR# and I have included a INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.txt file where necessary.

"Original Installation Zipped Files" This folder contains all of the original zipped files including SDR# all renamed by me so you know what is what.

Some Points To NOTE:
You will find that I have started to tidy up the Band Plan in my SDR# for the UK because the one that comes with SDR# is a complete mess and I think was made for people in the USA as opposed to the UK you can just replace that with the original should you not like it.

I have also added New Groups to the Frequency Manager these are Frequencies I have found in my own area (Leicester) so may or may not be active in your area, the Groups I have added are.

FM Radio (FM Radio Stations)
2M HAM (So far just 1 2m Ham Frequency)
security (Lots of active DMR, PMR channels etc that are in my area, ranging from about 446 - 460 mHz)

Again you can remove the Frequencies from a group or regroup them all from inside SDRSharp's Frequency Manager, see the icons at the top of the Frequency Manager.

Enjoy.

OK the forum says the file is to large so I will upload it to my server and PM you a link to download it
M6LIG / 2E0LIG / 26TM1995

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
YAESU FT-857D - Watson W50 - HF-SE-360
Malahit SDR - Ground Loop
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

For anyone else that wants this without having to set everything up themselves, provided it is OK with the moderators I will open a new thread where I will post a pre packaged SDR#, DSD+, VB Cable and all other stuff needed for DSD+ to work in SDR#.
It will be a full package ready to use straight from the unpacked .zip file the only thing that would need installing from the zip file will be VBCable if you have not already installed this.

I will post update posts in that thread with the repackaged and updated .zip file every time one of the softwares included are updated.

The pre packaged zip will also include a detailed Installation Instructions for each software packaged should they need to be reinstalled by the user at a later date.

It will not simply just be all the software packaged into one zip file it will be all the software packaged into one zip file all already installed (bar VBCable) all renamed and sorted for ease of operation and understanding as well as the addition of the INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS, a lot of work will be put into this by myself creating the package every time one of the items of software are updated.

I await the response of an Admin or Moderator to tell me if this is OK and if it is I will start to pack this up as soon as I have an answer

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

For blindingly obvious reasons that I won't even mention it cannot be the commercial version of the software.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

Hi admiral.

No it will be the free stuff only mate.

To be honest I aint even purchased the full version of VB Cable as the free one is sufficient for my needs and probably will be for most others unless they decide to run more than one RTL for trunking etc and if they do then it is their responsibility to upgrade VB Cable to the paid or Donated for version.

This will be aimed more at the newbies that have some knowledge of using the RTL-SDR and want to get started with Decoding Digital stuff.

It just seems that many struggle to know where the several files from each individual download of each individual bit of software should be placed so it would be far easier for them if they could download a pre packed and pr set up version of all, Obviously it would still involve a tiny amount of setting up like installing VB Cable and in SDR# setting the inputs and outputs but still nothing near like installing everything from scratch.

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
stanogs68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stanogs68 »

absolutely brilliant idea mate !! :thumbup: :thumbup: saves people loads of time !
love your familly
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK Just to clear some things up on this thread.

I have been playing around during the Weekend because I noticed I still had the horrid FARTING Digital sound coming over the top of voices so I had a play adjusting stuff, Here is what I found out.

(1) In SDR# Both the Audio Output under the Audio panel as well as the DSD+ Plugin Audio Device need to be set as [MME] Cable Input (VB-Audio Virtual C (this may vary from computer to computer) I also have options to select [Windows Directsound] Cable Input (VB-Virtual Audio Cable) that I have not yet toyed around with since getting DSD to work.
Note!!! this does seem very strainge at first because you can hear absolutely NOTHING from your speakers, BUT WAIT when DSD+ picks up a real VOICE HEADER AND SPEECH you will hear voices and quite clearly compared to my first tests after my last post I made where I showed pictures of the Inputs And the Outputs selected in SDR#

(2) Play around with your Bandwidth settings, I am still doing this as I type this post, Play with the bandwidths until you get crystal clear Voice

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE
nay27uk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by nay27uk »

OK I will try to RECORD some audio in the next so many minutes or hours of what I am hearing presently with the settings I have in SDR# and DSD+ the problem with this DMR is you can wait absolutely ages for any conversation (at least in Leicester you do).

Baofeng UV5R+
Boafeng RD-5R
Panasonic DR28-LBE