SFE Radio Software

Here you can discuss Datamodes for all bands (PSK31, FT8, JS8Call, etc), Software Defined Radio topics & General Radio Software or apps
Asonic
Registered New User
Registered New User

SFE Radio Software

Post by Asonic »

Hi All,

Hope someone will be able to help. I bought two SFE S580 Radios but can't seem to do anything with them without the programming software. Is there someone who has got it? I have already contacted SFE but get no reply from them and it's already been more than a week.

If anyone can help it would be great. I can even provide a place to upload it.

Thanks
Stephan
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Re: SFE Radio Software

Post by Admiral »

Sorry mate, can't help.

But as a tip, try widening your search to include Mitex and Quanzhou.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

Have a look here, it may help you (or may not!):

http://www.transmission1.eu/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=34163

This software does appear to be difficult to track down though.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
Mitch
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M1TCH

Post by Mitch »

It looks a lot like a Baofeng UHF radio, it could well be rebadged or a copy, and from a quick shufty it might be something like a BF-5688 or similar which uses the BF-480 software, the same a the BF-888S's. I'd certainly give it a try, see i f it reads the radio first of course, don't try writing to it until you're sure :)

Another good source of software is the 409 site download page. The Vero Telecom site's worth a look too, they make radios for a lot of third parties (download page). I'd say try Chirp as well, but it's unlikely to support your radio unless it's the same as another model.
The perfect face for radio.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

If it is a Baofeng creation then you could give CHIRP a go, but I'm speculating and don't actually know.

***EDIT*** and just read all of Mitch's post and he addressed CHIRP :oops:
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Asonic
Registered New User
Registered New User

Post by Asonic »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies. Been out for a while. I will see what I can download and what works. Will post here the results. Maybe someone else might run into the same problem one day again and find his answer here.
Rob Johnson
Regular
Regular

Post by Rob Johnson »

Hello Asonic,

SFE manufacture the Mitex range of radios that Radioswap initially developed to sell as their own range.... Not now though.
Try Mitex UK, but I don't give much hope, as it would probably then allow Mitex radios to be "re-purposed" and they probably would not want that. Just my thoughts, not a certainty.

Rob.