Albrecht AE2990 AFS Export Mode Issues

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
planeternie
Regular
Regular

Albrecht AE2990 AFS Export Mode Issues

Post by planeternie »

Afternoon all.

Long time no post. Hope everyone is hunky doory.

I've got an opened-up AE2990 AFS handy and I'm having trouble with the code selection to open up the available frequencies. I switch on the radio whilst pressing the PTT switch which allows me to select the bank of frequencies available, select code 3 which, i believe, is the freeband block but when i turn the radio off and on again to select this band, it only allows me access to the CEPT block.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Paul.
robber57
Regular
Regular

Re: Albrecht AE2990 AFS Export Mode Issues

Post by robber57 »

For 450 ch mode you need to unlock it, carefully pry out the rubber ptt button, you wil see the button switch with next to it some contacts, you will hav to connect two contacts together when switching on the unit, now you have the possibillity to go to 450 ch mode.
As i am on holiday i cannot tell you exactly what to do, that info is on my home pc but i am sure if you do a google for albrecht 2990unlock/ service note or so ething similar you wil find the albrecht service note telling you the details.

Found it: http://www.cbradio.nl/abrecht/Modificat ... ENG_DE.pdf

The conversion note says that there are some contacts bridged and you have to remove (de-solder) the jumpers, that is not anymore the case, at least it wasnt with mine, all contacts are free, you just have to connect two which is a bit fumbly and often fails because it is difficult to keep the contacts connected while switching the unit on, keep trying until it works.