which cybernet radioto buy ???

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Re: which cybernet radioto buy ???

Post by Mudslinger »

My First SSB was a Concorde 2, which wasn't very good. I then had a Major M588 which was much better, but didn't work all that well on transmit.

Then I bought a president Jackson, which was a revalation in comparison as it worked so much better.

But back then I was just returning to CB and wasn't aware of Black Spirit and others who knew how to set them up properly. The first two Cybernets both needed a good fettling.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

True. I'm thinking of knocking a hole through to next doors loft so I can collect more radios to put on more shelves.
The Collector
Legend
Legend

Post by The Collector »

Avenger wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 23:21 I am a bit overloaded here Tbh but always find that extra bit of space for that next little project

True. I'm thinking of knocking a hole through to next doors loft so I can collect more radios to put on more shelves.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

First SSB radio that ever had was a Tristar 747 back in 1983 . It was crap . Although looking back now I think it might have been faulty . I do remember owning a Superstar 2000 as well at some point . The thing I remember most about it was "bleedover" . Then I bought a 148 , and the rest is history .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Major M588's can be picked up for a song. I had one that I controlled with an old P3 laptop via the serial port. The laptop effectively acted like a dynamic EPROM or PIC controlling the n-codes of the 02A. It was a bit crude, and there was a bit of 'timebase' like noise sent with TX audio, but it was cheap fun.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Having had a couple of cybernets again recently I would say stick with the Uniden stuff.

IMO, they just work better.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
Astro fantom
Regular
Regular

Post by Astro fantom »

Personally love my hygain 2795dx even more so now that nick has sorted it out and it probs works better now that when it was new way back when