What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Post Reply
User avatar
Black Spirit
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 4064
Joined: 16 Mar 2009, 19:30
Location: S.Wales

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by Black Spirit » 16 Jul 2019, 22:59

superstar wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 20:01
also got this superstar 360 ( non FM ), works a treat also, lovely receive on it.
When you have a moment take the bottom lid off and have a look at the size of the oscillator board they used to get 120 channel :D

Nothing wrong with it mind i'm just saying, Its a great little radio i have had a few pass through my hands a few times.

User avatar
astradyne
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8322
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 09:28
Location: Dunny On The Wolds
Contact:

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by astradyne » 17 Jul 2019, 10:00

superstar wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 20:01
bought a communicator off a boot sale £10 works a treat, and also got this superstar 360 ( non FM ), works a treat also, lovely receive on it.
Excellent quality radio's. I have one here which came off a TM1 member a while back. The one here covers mid, high and part of the 10 metre band. I'm led to believe they were all supplied like this. Maybe you can confirm if yours is the same coverage?

Would be easy to add FM mode and the UK on these, but I'm going to keep this one as standard.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...

User avatar
superstar
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2711
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:06
Location: Hillbilly county, Lowestoft Suffolk

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by superstar » 17 Jul 2019, 16:00

Black Spirit wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 22:59
superstar wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 20:01
also got this superstar 360 ( non FM ), works a treat also, lovely receive on it.
When you have a moment take the bottom lid off and have a look at the size of the oscillator board they used to get 120 channel :D

Nothing wrong with it mind i'm just saying, Its a great little radio i have had a few pass through my hands a few times.
will do Nick, it needs a bit of switch cleaner on the switches so i’ll av a look, i think ive got all variants now all bar the mk1 360fm which has the mk1 148 beep, i’ll keep a look out
Buying and hoarding CB radio's is an illness
Cb handle
1980-1993, "AL Capone"
1993-present, "Superstar"
occupation-running a retirement home for elderly cb radios
Fozzy Bear dont care ya know, so er thats the story!

User avatar
The Collector
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5868
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 19:26
Location: Bristol-ish

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by The Collector » 18 Jul 2019, 11:50

The Collector wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 10:20
Bought a Midland 42 multi for £25 and 1 pence (outbid next bidder down by that all important penny lol). It's "untested" but has an aftermarket longer aerial with it that normally costs about £20 on its own.

Oh God, I should have checked sellers negative feedback about his packaging, or rather the lack of it!

The above radio arrived with a slit in the crappy jiffy bag (and other damage/small tears) and the bloody aerial is missing! There was next to no packaging inside (a small scrap of bubblewrap, not even taped around) and the battery pack hinges are snapped off (not in transit either).
I had this with my Moonraker magmount a little while back. Why can't people wrap stuff well/properly??? I always take time to wrap everything I sell really well and a bit OTT.

The seller's refusing the return saying it was in the bag when posted lol, and saying as it was parts/not working, he isn't responsible for the knackered battery case, or the lack of mentioning it.

I've opened a case as you'd imagine.

And...I don't think I'll be buying any more of his sh** lol. The trials and tribulations of buying crap on ebay eh!
:)

PeterA
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: 13 Oct 2018, 07:36
Location: Kent

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by PeterA » 18 Jul 2019, 12:21

The Collector wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 11:50


Oh God, I should have checked sellers negative feedback about his packaging, or rather the lack of it!

The above radio arrived with a slit in the crappy jiffy bag (and other damage/small tears) and the bloody aerial is missing! There was next to no packaging inside (a small scrap of bubblewrap, not even taped around) and the battery pack hinges are snapped off (not in transit either).
I had this with my Moonraker magmount a little while back. Why can't people wrap stuff well/properly??? I always take time to wrap everything I sell really well and a bit OTT.

The seller's refusing the return saying it was in the bag when posted lol, and saying as it was parts/not working, he isn't responsible for the knackered battery case, or the lack of mentioning it.

I've opened a case as you'd imagine.

And...I don't think I'll be buying any more of his sh** lol. The trials and tribulations of buying crap on ebay eh!
:)

As it was listed as "For Parts/Not Working" I don't think the case will go in your favour.

I had a similar situation and the only reason I won was by using the sellers own pics from the listing against them, by showing the missing parts were actually pictured and the damage wasn't down to being damaged in transit etc.

Hope that helps! :thumbup:
WANTED
Galaxy 2100 (Or Equivalent)
Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2
SuperStar 3900 MK1
President Adams
Cobra 148 GTL

User avatar
The Collector
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5868
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 19:26
Location: Bristol-ish

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by The Collector » 18 Jul 2019, 17:04

It all helps, thanks. I took a picture before I'd even opened the jiffy bag as I couldn't feel the long aerial inside and noticed the tear. Soooo annoying!

User avatar
The Collector
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5868
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 19:26
Location: Bristol-ish

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by The Collector » 24 Jul 2019, 17:18

Bought a Wilson Trucker 2000 with 10"extension piece and a 5ft Flexi antenna for £22.50 plus postage.
Will test them both out against my 50p Sirio CB-line ML-145 magmount one of the days before I sell it...if I can find someone on whilst sat in the car that is ;)

User avatar
cb4ever104
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 4913
Joined: 28 Jul 2011, 21:26
Location: Alicante , España

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by cb4ever104 » 25 Jul 2019, 10:47

superstar wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 16:00
i think ive got all variants now all bar the mk1 360fm which has the mk1 148 beep, i’ll keep a look out
I've got 2 of the old 360s . 1 now 5 band , and the other lo/mid/hi after a bit of modding . I love them . Really solid radios . Also got 2 or 3 mk2 360FMs , and 1 mk1 .
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.

User avatar
superstar
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 2711
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:06
Location: Hillbilly county, Lowestoft Suffolk

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by superstar » 26 Jul 2019, 07:34

cool, heres my few, there could be more around here somewhere
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buying and hoarding CB radio's is an illness
Cb handle
1980-1993, "AL Capone"
1993-present, "Superstar"
occupation-running a retirement home for elderly cb radios
Fozzy Bear dont care ya know, so er thats the story!

User avatar
cb4ever104
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 4913
Joined: 28 Jul 2011, 21:26
Location: Alicante , España

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by cb4ever104 » 26 Jul 2019, 11:13

superstar wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 07:34
cool, heres my few, there could be more around here somewhere
Good luck connecting the mics to those ones on the right :)
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.

Queball
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Posts: 652
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:31

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by Queball » 01 Aug 2019, 18:09

Picked up these from eBay Germany. NOS. Love these mics.
IMG_20190730_175817-684x912-171x228.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gholdq on youtube.com
26TM265
26FB165
26CT066
26UK165

User avatar
The Collector
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5868
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 19:26
Location: Bristol-ish

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by The Collector » 01 Aug 2019, 21:12

PeterA wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 12:21
The Collector wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 11:50


Oh God, I should have checked sellers negative feedback about his packaging, or rather the lack of it!

The above radio arrived with a slit in the crappy jiffy bag (and other damage/small tears) and the bloody aerial is missing! There was next to no packaging inside (a small scrap of bubblewrap, not even taped around) and the battery pack hinges are snapped off (not in transit either).
I had this with my Moonraker magmount a little while back. Why can't people wrap stuff well/properly??? I always take time to wrap everything I sell really well and a bit OTT.

The seller's refusing the return saying it was in the bag when posted lol, and saying as it was parts/not working, he isn't responsible for the knackered battery case, or the lack of mentioning it.

I've opened a case as you'd imagine.

And...I don't think I'll be buying any more of his sh** lol. The trials and tribulations of buying crap on ebay eh!
:)

As it was listed as "For Parts/Not Working" I don't think the case will go in your favour.

I had a similar situation and the only reason I won was by using the sellers own pics from the listing against them, by showing the missing parts were actually pictured and the damage wasn't down to being damaged in transit etc.

Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Won the ebay ruling, took them about 10 minutes to rule in my favour lol. Leaving shi**y feedback (very rare for me to do) was the icing on the cake though ;)

PeterA
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: 13 Oct 2018, 07:36
Location: Kent

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by PeterA » 01 Aug 2019, 21:23

The Collector wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 21:12
Won the ebay ruling, took them about 10 minutes to rule in my favour lol. Leaving shi**y feedback (very rare for me to do) was the icing on the cake though ;)
Thats great! :thumbup:

Did you supply pics to show the items condition, so eBay could compare the listing to what was actually received?

Good news either way though! 8)
WANTED
Galaxy 2100 (Or Equivalent)
Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2
SuperStar 3900 MK1
President Adams
Cobra 148 GTL

User avatar
The Collector
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5868
Joined: 23 Jan 2010, 19:26
Location: Bristol-ish

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by The Collector » 02 Aug 2019, 20:05

PeterA wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 21:23
The Collector wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 21:12
Won the ebay ruling, took them about 10 minutes to rule in my favour lol. Leaving shi**y feedback (very rare for me to do) was the icing on the cake though ;)
Thats great! :thumbup:

Did you supply pics to show the items condition, so eBay could compare the listing to what was actually received?

Good news either way though! 8)
Sure did, plenty (before it was even opened. Had more holes in the jiffy bag than some exotic cheeses I've seen!) along with the seller's messages saying I'd probably nicked it and SHE (it turns out) wasn't responsible for having to wrap it well, and good luck trying to claim
with ebay etc.

Customer service through and through with that seller lol.

To rub salt into the wound, I said although I'd won the right to return it and get a full refund against her wishes, I was going to keep it and I ordered a £3 rubber duck from China as the radio actually works fine. I did it just to prove a point. Hopefully she'll pack stuff better next time. She'd already got a negative for poor wrapping it transpired.

Job done.

PeterA
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: 13 Oct 2018, 07:36
Location: Kent

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2018)

Post by PeterA » 02 Aug 2019, 21:32

The Collector wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 20:05

Sure did, plenty (before it was even opened. Had more holes in the jiffy bag than some exotic cheeses I've seen!) along with the seller's messages saying I'd probably nicked it and SHE (it turns out) wasn't responsible for having to wrap it well, and good luck trying to claim
with ebay etc.

Customer service through and through with that seller lol.

To rub salt into the wound, I said although I'd won the right to return it and get a full refund against her wishes, I was going to keep it and I ordered a £3 rubber duck from China as the radio actually works fine. I did it just to prove a point. Hopefully she'll pack stuff better next time. She'd already got a negative for poor wrapping it transpired.

Job done.
Had my fair share of those type of sellers... I really don't get their attitude especially when it comes to packing items so the buyer actually receives it in the condition it was sent... purchased a set of rare rear light lenses for a car ages ago and they turned up in a big jiffy bag and you could here all the broken parts rattling around inside it!?! {bnghd}

That went the same way as your experience as well. :crazy:

Right back on topic, before I get poked in the eye with a tank whip or similar!! :silent:

:thumbup:
WANTED
Galaxy 2100 (Or Equivalent)
Cobra 148 GTL-DX MK2
SuperStar 3900 MK1
President Adams
Cobra 148 GTL

Post Reply