Which To Keep...

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
astradyne

Re: Which To Keep...

Post by astradyne »

Thanks again chaps

The five hander is definitely staying here. Nothing at all wrong with the six band ASC version, I'll just stick with the better quality radio without silly mods. Although I will be swapping the fronts over. The five band front is tidy, but the six band front is exceptional.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
beamer320i
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Which To Keep...

Post by beamer320i »

I recently had to make a decision between keeping my George or my minty 5 band 1994 Jackson, not as straightforward as you may think - I do rate the George's, and when you're mobile the ability to switch between 27.555 USB and 27.780 FM with just one button press is a Godsend. I love the look of the George and it works well, but the Jackson has stayed.

The Jackson really is a class radio, it sounds good on all modes, you can go anywhere in between frequencies (not just 5's and 0's a la George), I must admit to prefer the looks of the black fronted version - unless it's a minter, the silver fronted ones never seem to look as good but that's just my personal preference.

Which leads me to ask the question (probably asked many a time on here before!) - Please excuse my ignorance, but why can't President make a modern version of this or the Lincoln?? The only thing wrong with these radio's is their approaching vintage!!