Ham Jumbo Wotsit

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
sickboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Ham Jumbo Wotsit

Post by sickboy »

Picked up a couple of Jumbos today, both working ok but the bottom one has a weird add-on on the bottom (as well as a ton of dust... euch!), I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

First weird thing about it is that the word Jumbo is missing from the front of it, it doesn't seem to have been removed, just like it wasn't printed at the factory. Were these maybe made for a different company?

The bottom part is badged "Argus" and seems to have been made specifically to fit a Jumbo type case (same colour as an excalibur).
The first switch gives a choice of 2 different bleeps, 2nd switch is a 10kc shift, 3rd switch gives a choice of different power outputs, 4th switch seems to give an offset of around 2Khz, 5th switch says "HHH" under it but doesn't seem to change bands? 6th switch I think is a PA function

Anyone seen this before? My attempts at googling it failed to find anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Embrace your inner muppet !
sickboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Ham Jumbo Wotsit

Post by sickboy »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sickboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by sickboy »

Thanks for looking, I'm off to fumigate it now.. :sick:
14CS06
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by 14CS06 »

Hello

Very interesting

What is the PCB

Thank you to add some pictures of the interior

@+
Claude
Photo Collector CB RADIO
koberk
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by koberk »

Interesting way way of adding extra switches, using a 19'' rack case. I've got a couple of those knocking about, one empy, and one with a Maplins NICAM decoder in it.
sickboy
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by sickboy »

Thanks guys, yeah the whole purpose of the lower part just seems to be somewhere to put the switches.
No surprises inside, just an extra bleep board and a beefed up heatsink on the back for the PSU tranny. The main PCB is the standard ptbm059cox.
I'll probably put it all back to standard :|