Mk1 Jackson Board.

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Re: Mk1 Jackson Board.

Post by cb4ever104 »

astradyne wrote:your Jackson has confused the hell out of poor Sammy.
Cheers Andy ! :)

To be honest it's probably just had the pll replaced . I just assumed that it was an 88 , as that's what the pll said . But as we all know .....ass....u..me :)
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

Hi Paul and Simon,

Honestly doesn't look like there has been any replacement work done on it (Pics Below). It did come from the states about 3 or 4 yrs ago though and was probably one of the last radios I purchased. The wax has been moved on some of the toko's and marked with black pen on top.

Don't think mines been through the wars as such Astradyne, the board front and back look's ok for a 30 year old radio. I have noticed 1 component though that looks rather odd. (Yellow Arrow).

Cheers again everyone for all input and I hope this is adding to rather than detracting from the OP.
Silver Jacko 6.jpg
Silver Jacko 7.jpg
Silver Jacko 8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Can't help but love an Adams.

Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

@ Paul, Christ i thought it was 83 until i looked closer.

What I meant to add was I don't know how quickly these things were turned around in the factory, I suppose it plausible that a chassis may sit for a year or indeed possibly just a plausible that some one replaced the pll very nicely and one would not notice.

Anyway it seemed to work pretty well, when i tried it. dont have any kit in the air these days but suppose I might get out mobile over the summer. Problem is the only car i would use it in has one of those panoramic glass roofs with next to nothing at the back of it, i'll figure something out.

Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

Stronty wrote:Hi Paul and Simon,

Honestly doesn't look like there has been any replacement work done on it (Pics Below). It did come from the states about 3 or 4 yrs ago though and was probably one of the last radios I purchased. The wax has been moved on some of the toko's and marked with black pen on top.

Don't think mines been through the wars as such Astradyne, the board front and back look's ok for a 30 year old radio. I have noticed 1 component though that looks rather odd. (Yellow Arrow).

Cheers again everyone for all input and I hope this is adding to rather than detracting from the OP.

Silver Jacko 6.jpgSilver Jacko 7.jpgSilver Jacko 8.jpg
Maybe the radio is original and the serial plate has been replaced?

I would be inclined to agree with the idea that the chassis was sitting around for a while before the radio was built.

Not sure it really matters though, it is a nice radio whichever way you look at it.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Right. I'm going to stick my reputation on the line here and say.........that that pll has definitely been changed. I'm just zooming in here on the photo on my iPhone , and the solder is definitely brighter on the pll than the binary adders. That's what I'm going with. I did also think about the serial number plate bring changed, as Simon said, but it doesn't make much sense to me on a Jackson. Maybe on a 360/148. But not a Jackson.

Sammy
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Mudslinger
Legend
Legend

Post by Mudslinger »

One reason the serial plate might have been changed is if it had been fitted with a variable power knob at the back, and it has been put back to standard with a different serial plate. It I remember correct there is a round hole under the serial plate which is "ideal" for fitting a potentiometer.
Mudslinger - Simon
26TM274
26CT612

There is no such thing as a Fidelity 1000 which is too good to scrap.
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

Call Of Specsavers, Sammy may be onto something.

There is a fair bit more flux around the pll than the adders.
flux.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Yeeeeessssss !!!

One for the "Fortune Hunter" !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D

A good ol' 86 Jackson , with an 88 pll :)
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

@ Paul funny thing is when the chassis and then pll was made I would be sitting up in the car park at the Gleniffer Braes, less CB radio though by that point and more remote control cars from the model shop under the station, some Pink Floyd etc etc.

cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Yeah . I was up there too (Car park in the sky) Dougie in the mid 80s. Had my mums' old Cavalier with my 7' firestick on the back :)

I used to know a Dougie back then too . Dougie "Tom Sawyer" from Cardonald . He had a house way up on the hill and used to get out for miles .
30TM060
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .