What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2017)

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
astradyne

Re: What CB/11m Radio Stuff did you buy today? (2017)

Post by astradyne »

:ugeek:
CBR1100XX wrote:Oh well guys , I made an offer based on his last price and here's the reply , I think as astradyne has said above , RT prices will help him in the end .

DECLINED EUR 35.00
Hi no problem I sold the last batch at a different price. I ve listed new ad with other ones at this price I was selling them too low

eireog20...
Bit cheeky, but greed is a terrible thing...

Of course it's the seller's prerogative to sell their items at whatever price they wish whether that's cheap, reasonable, silly or plain ludicrous. And if a first batch of items sells very well very quickly then fair enough, pop a couple of quid/Euros on top of the next lot. But to double the price is a tad cheeky even though, as I said earlier, one could argue it's not unduly OTT for a piece of classic NOS kit. And it does have that magic word "Cobra" on it. RTI would be listing these at a ton, at the very least.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
CBR1100XX
Call Sign: 108TM127

Post by CBR1100XX »

Absolutely agree , the seller can ask what he wants , as you say a few quid is here nor there but double is greed .Be interesting to see how long it takes to sell this lot .The trade price for RTI must be too expensive lol .Oh well more money for beer :) .
superstar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by superstar »

Today's Ipswich radio rally haul, don't get excited it was all cheap and probably all knackered, all a tenner each bar the McKinley which was £3, tristar meter £15, turner +3B £20, aint tested any of it yet but not expecting anything to work as it should to avoid disappointment :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Buying and hoarding CB radio's is an illness
Cb handle
1980-1993, "AL Capone"
1993-present, "Superstar"
occupation-running a retirement home for elderly cb radios
Fozzy Bear dont care ya know, so er thats the story!
slamjam
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26DT871

Post by slamjam »

Damm didn't see the Mckinley else would have had that!
26DT871 - Ipswich UK
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Nice original Concorde there too.

superstar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by superstar »

slamjam wrote:Damm didn't see the Mckinley else would have had that!
Did you buy anything slamjam, I saw a bloke hovering around cb stuff, he had a GE tucked under his arm, was this you lol?
Cb handle
1980-1993, "AL Capone"
superstar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by superstar »

astradyne wrote:Nice original Concorde there too.
Not bad , fronts tidy, cases have been hand painted, it works but is a bit deaf , still has the beep in it but has been silenced, the Lafayette works ace on all modes and bands but no tx audio on FM, the major 120 works well, as does the turner +3B mic, not tested the McKinley or sharp yet or the tristar frequency meter, but pleased so far with all the junk lol
Update: the sharp is fine too :)
Last edited by superstar on 14 Jun 2017, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Cb handle
1980-1993, "AL Capone"
slamjam
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26DT871

Post by slamjam »

superstar wrote:
slamjam wrote:Damm didn't see the Mckinley else would have had that!
Did you buy anything slamjam, I saw a bloke hovering around cb stuff, he had a GE tucked under his arm, was this you lol?
Yeah i bought a double sausage and egg bap and got caught with my wallet out by all my mates. Apparently me with my money out is about as mythical as santa :shock:
26DT871 - Ipswich UK
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

Colt Black Shadow Base Station ... My first radio was a Colt 720 DX Black Shadow .. am only .. I then got a Binatone 5 star when fm was legalised to match the Colt... Been looking for a mint 720 for ages to match 5 star and rekindle those fond memories of yesteryear... Came across this and just couldn't resist.. Was way above what I wanted to pay but got it for a lot less than advertised... Ssb sounds great with hardly any background noise... Love it... Compliments the 5 star well I think... This fills the slot I had the Harrier in rather better...

Will send off to Nick shortly but can't decide whether to mod it more or just tune it..?.
IMG_0596.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Auldgeek
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Post by Auldgeek »

JibberJabber wrote:Colt Black Shadow Base Station ... My first radio was a Colt 720 DX Black Shadow .. am only .. I then got a Binatone 5 star when fm was legalised to match the Colt... Been looking for a mint 720 for ages to match 5 star and rekindle those fond memories of yesteryear... Came across this and just couldn't resist.. Was way above what I wanted to pay but got it for a lot less than advertised... Ssb sounds great with hardly any background noise... Love it... Compliments the 5 star well I think... This fills the slot I had the Harrier in rather better...

Will send off to Nick shortly but can't decide whether to mod it more or just tune it..?.
I like the look of that one. Have seen a few in the past but they have been pretty tatty. The only minor, teeny tiny criticism are the stickers to show the extra channels etc. They don't belong. I'd rather have the original names.

What mods were you thinking of? I normally have Nick mod my radios for extra channels and the like but I'm not so sure I would in this case.
Love the meters though. :thumbup:
Auldgeek - Drew

Winner of IBTL Autumn 23 Edition
I've changed radios so many times, I've forgotten what I have :think:
JibberJabber
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by JibberJabber »

Yes it's the nicest one I've seen in a long while.. And as It has the lo and hi added already I may leave it as it is... I'll try and take those stickers off as they do look out of place and a bit tacky.. Would be nice to get it on the zeros.. Other than that I was going to add fm... but I always have the Binatone for that.. I'll have a think about it.. I'll be sending to Nick just to give the 'special touch'.. ;) either way..
Samalex
Call Sign: MM0

Post by Samalex »

who screwed the mic on the black Shaddow lol

nice looking condition as you say remove the stickers and its better looking straight away
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

My cheapo Jackson arrived today. A £70 risk, but a risk that worked in my favour. Other than a scratch on the top case it's in good fettle. Sounds to have had the AGC mod done too. Couple of things I'm not happy about (some of you would call them niggles). It's had a UK 40 eprom fitted to the noise blanker switch and a potentiometer fitted to the back for variable FM power. It's the six band version, I've yet to check to see if it's the earlier or later version. Came with a bracket, thumbscrews and original stock mic to boot!

cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

Can't really go wrong with any of the Jacksons . 5 , 6 , silver , black , Classic , MRF475 , MRF477 . They all do the business . Do the simple AGC mod and bob's your uncle .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

cb4ever104 wrote:Can't really go wrong with any of the Jacksons . 5 , 6 , silver , black , Classic , MRF475 , MRF477 . They all do the business . Do the simple AGC mod and bob's your uncle .

Sammy
AGC mod's been done by the sound of it Sammy. Strong signals all sound clean and sharp. I've yet to pop it open and see what's inside, hopefully nothing nasty. More than likely I'll remove the variable power mod from the back and put the radio back to stock output. It'll leave a nasty hole though. I don't get why people do it! {bnghd}