Zetagi Bv 2001

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Kobo
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26mp1305

Zetagi Bv 2001

Post by Kobo »

Hello, I wonderif anyone can help me! I recently aquired a zetagi 2001 ( possibly mk1) got the modulation led's and 3 power switches along with a preamp . Couple of strange things with with it. The recieve /preamp is affected by switching on/off the power setting switches whether the amp
Is turned on or off. Also I am looking for a couple of replacement switches for the amp ( red switches with a black facia. Anyone know where they can be obtained? I do have the mk4 version of this amp which is a totally different looking thing.
cubwolf
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: M3CBY

Re: Zetagi Bv 2001

Post by cubwolf »

Its a well known problem with this amp. The power setting switches simply switch resisitors in series with the antenna feed so attenuates the rx and tx because they have done it before the relay. What you describe is how the 3 i have used have worked. Cant help with the switches but it may be worth an email to Zetagi who are usually helpful.
cb4ever104
Legend
Legend

Post by cb4ever104 »

cubwolf wrote:may be worth an email to Zetagi who are usually helpful.
I second that . The last time I emailed them they sent me a new switch FOC .

Sammy
30TM060
Paul aka "Sammy". (108) PY60 Old Paisley DX Group (RIP Rab Markie)
Ex GM0 , now EA5 .
Handle "Fortune Hunter" back in "the day"
Radios ....? Anything that says "TAIWAN R.O.C" on the back.
Jon stannard
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: M7RSD

Post by Jon stannard »

Hi I’m looking for someone with the bv2001 mk1
I purchased this a month ago and was told it was working fine. When I arrived home after a 300 mile trip and plugged it in it’s not working. It looks like it has new tubes and a board but I’m not sure if the board has been wire correctly from the transformer does any one have this model that can give me a photo of transformer and where the 5 wires go to as there is a grey one that is not connected thanks guys.