President Lincoln 2 - Version 3

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
simonthewizard

Re: President Lincoln 2 - Version 3

Post by simonthewizard »

Now then to address The Wizards's comments, indeed I do have sources but I'm sure many are the same as you have, lets be honest you receive things on the same day as I do, maybe a coincidence,or the Radio Goblins at play , who knows the main thing it does offer the end user comparisons from more than one person.
Plus there is always CB Radio Magazine in the States to check out too.

These days no. You have better than me. Since QTH change I don't really have time, interest or easy ability to drive 200km to get stuff like in Munich. That's why no AT6666, No new Intek 799 Power, No new Cobra rig, NO new Stryker Mike, No new Antenna from Mojave, NO new mike from Midland... IMPOSSIBLE to source if Markus don't have it :!:

Truckerswereld
Neuner
CB Sales (France)

That's all these days. Markus gets stuff fast as a flee, and also sadly Waberer as there drivers are all around EU and bring stuff needing modifications and often new. Otherwise here there is only one shop DND and in the last 4 years only have (and still have in stock) Maxon CM70, AE5890EU, AE2990AFS and that's all. There are no stores here like in Germany, so Germany is where it all comes from, or Holland or Radiozing that is.

http://www.dnd.hu/index.php?page=talloz ... ok&lang=hu

All the CB you can buy in the capital here. Below is the PMR selection

http://www.dnd.hu/index.php?page=talloz ... ok&lang=hu

Sorry links are long, not sure how to shorten them
Last edited by simonthewizard on 20 May 2014, 06:44, edited 2 times in total.
northern35s
Veteran
Veteran

Post by northern35s »

Why are manufacturers still producing rigs with echo rather than speech compression, I can't imagine it is down to cost, would CB SSB users prefer echo to the real world punch of a compressor?
Mobile DXing from the car and on foot
simonthewizard

Post by simonthewizard »

northern35s wrote:Why are manufacturers still producing rigs with echo rather than speech compression, I can't imagine it is down to cost, would CB SSB users prefer echo to the real world punch of a compressor?
Easy answer is I thinks its Wouxun or someone like them who is trying to enter the CB market and budget HF radio market and one thing they are considering is that. :!: It was announced at the show in Hong Kong some weeks back
Anthony123
Call Sign: Gw0

Post by Anthony123 »

Simon..I appologise if it seems as though im having a go at you...Im NOT... but your comment saying, 'Quote' What I am saying is that even with service manual some radios with issues are NOT fixable.

Not Fixable....Why would you spend around £200 on a radio that isnt fixable... and that you cant get a service manula or any info on how it works... Electronics as we all know can and do go faulty... would you want to be stuck with a radio that cost you £200 and is only just out of the warrant when it goes down only to have it sat there as a paper weight as it cant be repaired or fixed.. ?
northern35s
Veteran
Veteran

Post by northern35s »

simonthewizard wrote:
northern35s wrote:Why are manufacturers still producing rigs with echo rather than speech compression, I can't imagine it is down to cost, would CB SSB users prefer echo to the real world punch of a compressor?
Easy answer is I thinks its Wouxun or someone like them who is trying to enter the CB market and budget HF radio market and one thing they are considering is that. :!: It was announced at the show in Hong Kong some weeks back
Good to hear it is at least being considered ;)
Mobile DXing from the car and on foot
simonthewizard

Post by simonthewizard »

Anthony123 wrote:Simon..I appologise if it seems as though im having a go at you...Im NOT... but your comment saying, 'Quote' What I am saying is that even with service manual some radios with issues are NOT fixable.

Not Fixable....Why would you spend around £200 on a radio that isnt fixable... and that you cant get a service manula or any info on how it works... Electronics as we all know can and do go faulty... would you want to be stuck with a radio that cost you £200 and is only just out of the warrant when it goes down only to have it sat there as a paper weight as it cant be repaired or fixed.. ?
Meaning your average Simon with a radio and a service manual cannot fix it, hence not fixable. I would send to someone who could fix it. I have here two radios today with issues, I have the diagrams and have sent one to Icom in Germany, came back NOT FIXABLE. So my point was solely if I have a diagram it does not always mean radio is fixable. That's it. Have a go at me all you like, others do.

To make it EVEN more simple my statement.

I have a 7600 Icom, it has an issue with DSP and how it works. They see the fault on the function but not fixable. No replacement, no change of a board, in warranty, nothing AT ALL Icom can or will do now. And the service manual does not help me or them in it, so it seems
Anthony123

Post by Anthony123 »

I just said' I wasnt having a go at you'... Read my post fully... you stand more chance of fixing a radio or any other item of electronics IF you have a service manual... Its that simple.
simonthewizard

Post by simonthewizard »

Anthony123 wrote:I just said' I wasnt having a go at you'... Read my post fully... you stand more chance of fixing a radio or any other item of electronics IF you have a service manual... Its that simple.
:D I can send you my 7600 with service manual if you think can fix it, no issues at all
chazwozza
Radio Addict
Radio Addict
Call Sign: 26CD172

Post by chazwozza »

A radio that is on V3 so soon after initial release seems to point
At the fact it must have been pants to start with
Think I'll give it a miss
Anthony123

Post by Anthony123 »

Simon if you indeed have a Icom 7600 thats still in warranty and faulty ...And Icom cant fix it then 'Surely' you ask them to replace it, Its that simple or you start legal proceedings.. Come on would you really have a 3 grand radio sat on the bench knowing it cant be fixed and NOT telling Icom you want a new one.. :crazy:

I say icom as i dont know were you bought it.. But the supplier should exchange it if its faulty and cant be repaired it should then be replaced..
Oggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oggy »

I have had a President Lincoln II Version 3 now for over a week :o
As I have had a day off work today and I have put a few other projects to bed I decided to start looking at the V-3 and see if it was better than the previous radios.
It is early days , but it does seem a better radio, but time will tell.

My findings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23fxIc ... sTwTEU5JJA

Dave M0OGY :D
thedeerhunter270
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by thedeerhunter270 »

Was the guy in Dave's video trying to speak Spanish to the bloke in Sal Paulo - awesome!
Operating in South Northumberland and Weardale.
Transmission1
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM001

Post by Transmission1 »

So when can we expect to see the V3 in shops in the UK? :?:
Simon, 26TM001 - East Yorkshire, UK
Founder of Transmission1 & Tango Mike 26 Division Co-ordinator
http://www.tangomike.net/
Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@transmission1
Tinman
Call Sign: M7TIN

Post by Tinman »

Looks like they could be over here now Simon as Knights are showing as having the V3 in stock

8) Dave 8)
M7TIN/P
PoisoN
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by PoisoN »

Their is absolutely nothing wrong with echo if it sounds right and only the slightest amount / a very quick delay is used on ssb it can make a real difference to your audio. Its people that go over the top that make it sound a bad thing.
26-TM-266
Handle PoisoN