Tristar 515M

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
bernado
Regular
Regular

Re: Tristar 515M

Post by bernado »

So I've now got a second Black Panther! VFO The holder was broken, I've repaired! There must be one of the first models! Frequency is not removed in ZF but appear when you send! I will rebuild! the question is whether the counter which makes so easy when you change the quartz! a new counter would be better! And the S-meter does not work, it is mechanically damaged, the VFO runs relatively stable! FM will install.I I have a manual for the Tristar 515 M with schematic but the VFO is also not described! There is only drawn the connection and wiring, I'll copy it in the next days! A few photos I will make, My English is bad, I use Translator! Has anyone information about the frequency counter?
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

bigpimp347 wrote:
Stronty wrote:I have PM ASHTEC. If he's sees it hopefully you well get some help.

if i remember right his 515 worked when he bought it, but he had to fiddle and it was sold as not working (typical ashtec)
i think he tried to change the VFO or something, so thats one less in the world :)
he also bought my 515 off me, which had no VFO so he might still have the parts.
i have a few WKS type rigs in the loft for scrap..
Thanks there Stronty I got the PM the M515 there Bigpimp347 worked but it needed the SSB Offsets doing on the counter unit as they are not fitted standard so the counter is off when using SSB modes and i couldn't be arsed to sit there and play about padding the counter up. My 515 also had the Müller FM unit in it that wasn't the best sounding FM it used a TDA ic.
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

bernado wrote:Good Evening Ashtec!
You have a video on Youtube with a Black Panter 2000 DX with new VFO!
Can You helb me?
I have the theme Problem,my VFO is broken!
Wehre can i buy this VFO?
Posibel you can sale me this?
mfg
Bernd
How do you know that the VFO is broken :?:
bernado
Regular
Regular

Post by bernado »

Good Morning!
I have no Output on Frequenzcounter!
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

bernado wrote:Good Morning!
I have no Output on Frequenzcounter!
If i was you i would Check to see if the VFO is getting power if its getting the power then i would adjust the VFO's ceramic coil. If you look on the top of the box you will see a hole get an ceramic screwdriver and turn this left and right to get the VFO to oscillat i've found that this Coil adjusts the HI and Low end of the frequency oscillator. If set to far the oscillator will not oscillate or it will oscillate but the Voltage is very weak for the PLL frequency synthesizer to see on the RI and RO pin's of the LC7120 PLL Frequency Synthesizer.
When Checking to see if your oscillator is oscillating use the pin's RI and RO pin's of the LC7120 PLL Frequency Synthesizer as the VFO need's to be connected to these pin's to work right.

Also just to check if the radio is working right remove the VFO's output wires from the PCB at pin's RI and RO of the LC7120 PLL Frequency and place a 10.240MHz xtal across these pin's and see if the radio's Frequency move's up and down with the HI & LOW Band switch as the Band switch controls the programing pin's of the LC7120 PLL Frequency Synthesizer (Channel 1 and channel 30 i think)
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

bernado wrote:No i am in Germany!
I am a Kolektor!
I have 3 Modell from Müller VFO Radios Black Panter 2000 DX,2xTristar 515 M old and new,WKS 100 !
1 VFO is broken and 2 VFO not stable!
1 Counter ist defekt!
1 Radio is OK,relative stable VFO
I will repair my Radios
i can not here Messages over PM
I have a Black Panter 2000 DX working frequency counter for sale out of a scraper i also have a face and lids for one as well the lids are longer on a Black Panther 2000 DX to the wks'a

I kept the counter to Mod an P Adams with but i never got round to it ;)
bernado
Regular
Regular

Post by bernado »

Oh Interesting! How much you want for the parts you have?
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

bernado wrote:Oh Interesting! How much you want for the parts you have?
Make an offer mate by PM as i have need for these parts ;)
bernado
Regular
Regular

Post by bernado »

hhmm i can not send pm , i dont no why
mof000
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mof000 »

bernado wrote:hhmm i can not send pm , i dont no why
You haven't posted enough on here yet!
I'll pay whatever i think it's worth...:-)
bernado
Regular
Regular

Post by bernado »

Ok understand
bernado
Regular
Regular

Post by bernado »

hhmm posibel i can give my E-Mail here
Stronty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stronty »

Bernd i have sent you a PM please check your messages if you still cannot reply to that let me know in this thread.
Can't help but love an Adams.

Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

bigpimp347 wrote:
Stronty wrote:I have PM ASHTEC. If he's sees it hopefully you well get some help.

if i remember right his 515 worked when he bought it, but he had to fiddle and it was sold as not working (typical ashtec)
i think he tried to change the VFO or something, so thats one less in the world :)
he also bought my 515 off me, which had no VFO so he might still have the parts.
i have a few WKS type rigs in the loft for scrap..
I sold my one as is.............
As it was a bit of a rush to sell bit's off to move over here.
The radio worked fine but as it was old it isn't like the modern day set's ie.
on SSB modes the frequency counter doesn't give the SSB offsets so you had to remember to go up or down a few KC's from the shown frequency you was working which was bit of a pain and to be honest with you i could not figure out how the counter worked or what the ic's was used as Müller removed all the ic markings and remember these parts are 30 or more years old so if played with and a ic failed it would be hard to find parts obsolete ic's and i would have a game to find what the part is so i left well alone and the other thing that let the set down was the Way the FM incoming audio it sounded crap and the outgoing wasn't much better it really as when you went up the bands ie 27.781MHz it would distort and up set the VCO locking but otherwise it was a nice set and in ways i wished i kept it as its a radio you don't see too often i used it a few times on AM with you word well but as i say i sold it as is as some wouldn't understand about the offsets and the way FM was. I left it original as thats the way it was made..........
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

The pic's of the M515 as i sold it on Ebay..............