CRT SS6900 dat files?

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
TheRadioGeek
Regular
Regular

CRT SS6900 dat files?

Post by TheRadioGeek »

Has anyone gone through the pain of writing one of these|?
bigpimp347
Legend
Legend

Re: CRT SS6900 dat files?

Post by bigpimp347 »

seeing as it's the same rigs in fact it is an Anytone AT-5555 then any anytone dat file will work..

when you bought it you only paid for the name :) oh and blue LED's if it's blue..!!
I want to Die Asleep like my Grandad did,
Unlike his Passengers, Screaming and Shouting.!
TheRadioGeek
Regular
Regular

Post by TheRadioGeek »

bigpimp347 wrote:seeing as it's the same rigs in fact it is an Anytone AT-5555 then any anytone dat file will work..

when you bought it you only paid for the name :) oh and blue LED's if it's blue..!!

Actually it was cheaper than the Anytone :D

So....Does anyone have a dat file for an Anytone?

Edit: V1 - 3 dat files and/or Anytone 5555 software brings up a 'Wrong Version' error
Last edited by TheRadioGeek on 14 Apr 2012, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.
TheRadioGeek
Regular
Regular

Post by TheRadioGeek »

astradyne

Post by astradyne »

I'm sure I read somewhere that the SS6900 uses different programming software than the Anytone/Maas/K-PO etc. So you won't be able to use any version of it on your radio. You will have to find the actual 6900 software.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
TheRadioGeek
Regular
Regular

Post by TheRadioGeek »

I've got the 6900 software and it loads the dat files just won't upload them to the Radio {bnghd}
JetsetWilly
New User
New User

Post by JetsetWilly »

Ive just got a V5 Anytone at 5555 and downloaded the Dat files from
http://highfields-arc.co.uk/repairs/at5555datsv5.htm

Then just modified them for what I wanted. They work fine.
JetsetWilly
New User
New User

Post by JetsetWilly »

I had several problems to begine with. First was the Computer Port. Software was showing Port 3 but laptop was using port 7.
Solution? Try changing USB sockets and waiting untill the laptop detects it.
Second problem was, I had to download another bit of software a "PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.5.0"

Third problem was I didnt have the 2 connectors pushed right in (DOH !!)

So check your USB sockets and move your plug around and wait till it detects your USB connection THEN restart the anytone Programming software.

See if you need the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.5.0. However after tring to run the Anytone software it came up with a demand to load the Prolific driver installer.

Hope this helps
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Maybe you have a v4 or v5. I know the software for the Anytone/Maas etc was changed at v4, so older software from a 1, 2 or 3 won't work on a 4 or 5.
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
chemtrail
Regular
Regular

Post by chemtrail »

So has anyone found or got any dat files for the crt 6900 as anytone 3.1 dat files dont work.

cheers
Windy_Miller
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Windy_Miller »

Dont you just put the numbers you want, in the channels you want? Same as with the Anytone lot?

Using someone elses dat files loses some of the appeal, i.e. the ability to set up the channels as you wnt them. I dont recall it taking very long with this one! (K-PO DX5000 V3)
chemtrail
Regular
Regular

Post by chemtrail »

Windy_Miller wrote:Dont you just put the numbers you want, in the channels you want? Same as with the Anytone lot?

Using someone elses dat files loses some of the appeal, i.e. the ability to set up the channels as you wnt them. I dont recall it taking very long with this one! (K-PO DX5000 V3)
6 bands 60 channels inputing all the frequencys from super low to super high and uk 40 or some other band plan can be very time consuming :mrgreen: so just alot quicker :D
Windy_Miller
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Windy_Miller »

The Superstar software must be a lot more convoluted than the Anytone stuff?

For fun, I have just made a DAT file from scratch for the UK40 channels - (more numbers to type in!) - Took all of 3 minutes. Most of the time its put in some numbers and hit enter lots of times, which is fine if the RX and TX frequencies are the same. By reckoning then, a full suite of 360 channels could be programmed in just under half an hour, possibly a bit less when you get away from the 27.xx125 numbers! And you'll have it the way you want to boot!

Will the superstar software let you paste in cells from something like Excel? The Anytone one wont, which as a shame, as it would them be easy to create the table of numbers with autofill and paste them it!
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

I put a v4 file on this thread if it's any use.

http://www.transmission1.co.uk/forum/vi ... 29&t=28198
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
chemtrail
Regular
Regular

Post by chemtrail »

Windy_Miller wrote:The Superstar software must be a lot more convoluted than the Anytone stuff?

For fun, I have just made a DAT file from scratch for the UK40 channels - (more numbers to type in!) - Took all of 3 minutes. Most of the time its put in some numbers and hit enter lots of times, which is fine if the RX and TX frequencies are the same. By reckoning then, a full suite of 360 channels could be programmed in just under half an hour, possibly a bit less when you get away from the 27.xx125 numbers! And you'll have it the way you want to boot!

Will the superstar software let you paste in cells from something like Excel? The Anytone one wont, which as a shame, as it would them be easy to create the table of numbers with autofill and paste them it!

You cannot copy and paste at all pain in the ass done supa low to mid band upto now.
im a one fingered keyboard warrior :geek: so it taking me ages hour at it upto now {bnghd} time for a brew :D