SkyArrow 250

The place to talk about specific radios, equipment and accessories. Do you prefer the latest generation of rigs and antennas or do you like the classics? Discuss it here!
Otter
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: 26TM439

Re: SkyArrow 250

Post by Otter »

Don't worry, the Wagner's aren't very good.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
Ashtec
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: M6LTD

Post by Ashtec »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

Is there eney one on here that can tell us how to unlook the clarifire for rx/tx and pull the radio down on to the one's so it can be used on UK FREQUENCIES..................................

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

Still desperately searching for a schematic for this. Anyone ? :?:
EXTREMELY WEIRD... AVOID AT ALL COSTS !

UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

By the way - with the help of "Cubby" at a car boot sale yesterday - I'm now the proud owner of a boxed and tidy 'Shogun' 40 FM ! Thanks Dave :)
Definitely made in the same factory - very very similar work - and as mentioned before similar PCB numbers.

But still searching for a way to 'unlock' the Sky Arrow 250 clarifier, and get it to swing 5kc
Ugs ;)

Ashtec
Legend
Legend

Post by Ashtec »

That's a different looking radio BOB but it sounds well over the air................................

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
andrew013
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26AT013

Post by andrew013 »

just would like to say i had a sky arrow many many years ago and how nice to see that there are still some about :D
astradyne

Post by astradyne »

Here's a mint boxed Skyarrow 250 up for grabs on the bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cb-radio-80ch-am- ... 0471756037
Never, ever, ever....bloody anything ever!

Far too many radio's to list here. But I do own a legal one...
Monza

Post by Monza »

UGLY_BOB wrote:By the way - with the help of "Cubby" at a car boot sale yesterday - I'm now the proud owner of a boxed and tidy 'Shogun' 40 FM ! Thanks Dave :)
Definitely made in the same factory - very very similar work - and as mentioned before similar PCB numbers.

But still searching for a way to 'unlock' the Sky Arrow 250 clarifier, and get it to swing 5kc
Ugs ;)
Like my shogun has nice rx / tx and it's different 8)
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
FREEBAND BOB 26MS37
Regular
Regular

Post by FREEBAND BOB 26MS37 »

At last a copy of the sky arrow 250 diagram has been located and kindly winging it's way to me :P . A very nice guy called Richard has one and a copy and is going to transfer all notes he has of any value onto one of them and post it my way. I dont believe it :o

I was unable to convey how exited I was to have located a diagram. He is a really nice guy and was a radio engineer by profession. He has not worked on radios for many years but has many memories and good info in mind about most radios from the 80s. I will have to meet him soon and indulge in the good old days of radio chat that we will both love to have.

So ugly one thanks for getting me on this forum and introducing me to a load of nutters and let me know how to get this diagram to you (post will be good). Also got a shogun diagram for the 40 ch uk rig. Speak soon and many thanks Richard hope you find the forum and this post you are a star.
Regards all and how I have gone radioless for so long I do not know...Rob 26tm827 also 26 ct 827
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

Excellent stuff! I'll PM you an address - then I'll scan it and PDF it to Tim, Paul etc.
Try to catch you on the rig later matey. Wasn't on last night - too many things to catch up on before "Boss" visit at work ! You know what it's like. ;)

Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

UGLY_BOB wrote:then I'll scan it
If possible could you just scan it to .jpg for me at maximum DPI? Well, 600+ at least?

I have a Shogun diagram too.

My m8 gave me the Wagner 309.
"To this day the words Stirling bridge conjour pride in every Scotsman's heart, while to an Englishman those same words conjour literally no feelings at all." - Cunk on Britain S1 E1
UGLY_BOB
Legend
Legend

Post by UGLY_BOB »

Many many thanks to Rob from Banbury ("Freeband Bob"26 TM 827) for mailing me a readable schematic !!!
You're a star matey ! ;)
Rob stole it off a guy he knows who had made some very useful notes on this copy - voltages and the like - so it's going to be really useful. :)

I've distributed copies to the poor and needy - but if anyone else needs a copy (.pdf) - PM me with an e-mail address. :!:

Northernlights

Post by Northernlights »

Many thanks again Ugs , will come in very handy if I get any problems
Cheers Scott.... 8)
Have a nice day , and a better one tomorrow !
108 ALBA RADIO 002
Otter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Otter »

Thanks Ugs. They have a *very* interesting (to me) way of switching bands with those diodes & transistors.

I'll have to see if I can find the block diagram I did of the way the frequencies get mixed.