Direct TV

The place to discuss long distance TV and Radio Reception. Equipment, Antennas and anything to do with the art of DX.
StormShadow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Direct TV

Post by StormShadow »

Has anybody managed to pick up a signal from the U.S Direct TV satellite from the UK? I know its all encrypted but just interested? I picked up something that I think maybe the Direct TV satellite but then again it could be a European one I detected
acl777

Re: Direct TV

Post by acl777 »

I didn't think satellite reception from the US was possible.
acl777

Post by acl777 »

Error ; Message duplicated.
grafter
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by grafter »

Direct TV reception isn't possible in the UK, all the satellites it broadcasts from are below the horizon.
my friend grafter, seems like you are using a very offensive tone in the reply.
acl777

Post by acl777 »

Stormshadow it will be interesting to know what satellite you were receiving. I've never tried satellite dx but I wonder what can be received from the UK furthest East and furthest West.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

Me too, Direct TV barely covers Cuba so not too sure it would find its way to High Wycombe.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
Mikel
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Post by Mikel »

StormShadow wrote:Has anybody managed to pick up a signal from the U.S Direct TV satellite from the UK? I know its all encrypted but just interested? I picked up something that I think maybe the Direct TV satellite but then again it could be a European one I detected
Have a look at the diagram below with all the satellites 'visible' from the UK with a standard size dish, might give you a clue - click on it to enlarge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
................................................................................................2W0NBF.........................................................
acl777

Post by acl777 »

Thanks for the link, very useful.