Worldspace satellite radio.

The place to discuss long distance TV and Radio Reception. Equipment, Antennas and anything to do with the art of DX.
Greenway
New User
New User

Worldspace satellite radio.

Post by Greenway »

Whilst having a (rare) shack clearout, I came across my Panasonic Worldspace radio. It only has worldspace radio reception mode. I also have a Hitachi W.S. radio which is useable on FM / AM / SW. I am aware that Worldspace went bankrupt, I think in 2009.
Does anyone know of any developments that are likely to involve the restoration of transmissions via satellite?
My recollection of using the satellite service was that the quality was excellent, albeit, the subscription fees were a bit o.t.t.
Cheers
M3VBS
Radio Addict
Radio Addict

Re: Worldspace satellite radio.

Post by M3VBS »

I think there is a major satellite radio in the states called sirus??
Greenway
New User
New User

Post by Greenway »

Thanks for info, I have looked it up and I believe the Sirius mode of transmission is different to Worldspace and the satellite footprint wouldn't cover UK. Any other info gratefully received.
Cheers
dcwuk
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by dcwuk »

last time I tried there was still a couple of stations on air, world service and WRN
I believe, dish pointing south elevation evades me.
rgds
dcw
tippohat

Post by tippohat »

Greenway wrote:Thanks for info, I have looked it up and I believe the Sirius mode of transmission is different to Worldspace and the satellite footprint wouldn't cover UK. Any other info gratefully received.
Cheers
Its a pitty we cant get sirius, I thought it was really good. DAB isnt even in the same league. lol.
Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.