FaceBook Group?

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
waynebev
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: mojo

FaceBook Group?

Post by waynebev »

Hi,
Not sure if this has been covered before or what the administration resources of the Club are available.
What about setting up a Facebook Group as other Clubs have for easy access and upto date news and events etc???
CT have one and UK so just wondered if this was something that has ever been thought about before.

Cheers
73's from Wayne
CB Handle "Mojo"
26TM1060
M6WRH
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Re: FaceBook Group?

Post by MrWeetabix »

This forum exists as a knowledge base and place to discuss the hobby and all it's varied sides, along with any problems, tips, revelations users may care to share. That knowledge then becomes SEARCHABLE on here. Facebook can be fairly throw-away at times and does not provide the in-depth coverage of the hobby in my opinion.

Plus, if you're desperate for quick communications with other members, why not try the radio perhaps? Just a thought. ;-)
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Dagnabbit

Post by Dagnabbit »

I've seen FaceBook kill other web forums (as activity shifts over to FB and leaves the forum dead on its backside), plus there will be people who wouldn't be comfortable discussing the naughtier side of radio linked to their real identities :)
Windy_Miller
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Windy_Miller »

waynebev wrote:What about setting up a Facebook Group....
Wash your mouth out that man!

This is an Olde Worlde / Skool forum, where anything new is positively banned. You cannot use anything newer than a ZX81 to access it, and discussion is strictly limited to radios that were built pre November 1981 and no SMT components are allowed.

Facebook indeed.....
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Windy_Miller wrote:
waynebev wrote:What about setting up a Facebook Group....
Wash your mouth out that man!

This is an Olde Worlde / Skool forum, where anything new is positively banned. You cannot use anything newer than a ZX81 to access it, and discussion is strictly limited to radios that were built pre November 1981 and no SMT components are allowed.

Facebook indeed.....
Well said that man!

WARM UP THE VALVES, IT'S TIME TO GET NETWORKING! :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
Mr6
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 26TM093

Post by Mr6 »

Embrace the new and exploit it! Facebook is a -great- idea. We can post pics of our kit and all sorts of wonderful things!
-----------------------
26-TM-093
Mattylad
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: RDX64

Post by Mattylad »

The "only" use of FB is to have somewhere that members can go to see why - when the forum is ever down.
ROTEL240

Post by ROTEL240 »

Facebook is ok to keep in touch with friends and family which it was set up to do and a free way to communicate... forums and facebook dont need to be mixed because the forums suffer...
radiogaga
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM399

Post by radiogaga »

Mr6 wrote:Embrace the new and exploit it! Facebook is a -great- idea. We can post pics of our kit and all sorts of wonderful things!
It's the work of the devil and causes more problems than it resolves. On a Forum/FaceBook argument, it's not searchable to the same extent as the Forum.

I for one will not entertain FB, the forum works perfectly well, it's managed, maintained, moderated and something else beginning with M very well...

Long live the forum :thumbup:
26TM399 Hampshire and Isle of Wight
30TM399 Northern Costa Blanca
radiogaga
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: 26TM399

Post by radiogaga »

Mr6 wrote:Embrace the new and exploit it! Facebook is a -great- idea. We can post pics of our kit and all sorts of wonderful things!
It's the work of the devil and causes more problems than it resolves. On a Forum/FaceBook argument, it's not searchable to the same extent as the Forum.

I for one will not entertain FB, the forum works perfectly well, it's managed, maintained, moderated and something else beginning with M very well...

Long live the forum :thumbup:
26TM399 Hampshire and Isle of Wight
30TM399 Northern Costa Blanca
lambrettadave
Veteran
Veteran
Call Sign: TM455

Post by lambrettadave »

You can post pictures of your kit and talk just about anything you want right here and now.

The forum is moderated to keep out unwanted users and junk and straddling people who say they had a brilliant fidelity 1000 set up.

Ps I think the folk here like the yogurt carton and string technology that is used here.

Transmission 1 hip hip horary
CALL SIGN 26TM455 OPERATOR DAVE QTH SUNDERLAND

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88011785@N06/ for CB magazine.reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/lambrettadave7 for some vids of my radios.
Admiral
Legend
Legend
Call Sign: 26TM157

Post by Admiral »

They were going to name it Facebook International, but then they realised the acronym was a bit too close to the originators of it.
Winner of the 2017 IBTL 'Summer Sizzler' competition
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

The forum is great as it is and it sure doesn't need Facebook.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
14TM056
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: 14TM056

Post by 14TM056 »

Hello and good afternoon,my facebook page is a https://www.facebook.com/celticdx
73's and welcome in my page.
Paskal 14 TM 056.