regular group net,Sundays

Home of the Tango Mike DX Group - Transmission1's very own CB/11m DX group. All club related chat, QSL Card downloads and membership issues/requests to be posted here.
EARSEGPK
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: PK303

Re: regular group net,Sundays

Post by EARSEGPK »

Is there anybody actually on the FM EU/UK CB bands in the UK?
If so when and what freqs? Today has been the quietest day for weeks!.

Been watching/listening/scanning EU and UK CB bands (26.9 - 28MHz) since 8am today and have got mostly German operators coming in on EU channels. Got nothing in the UK (heard a few muppets with bleeps and whistles but they count as QRM) and only bagged one Op from Denmark. Beginning to wonder if it will be worth the time, effort, expense and earache from the neighbours to put up a new Yagi when I don`t speak German!

I hope I don`t have to resort to having to use Facebook again just to find the TM group net times and freqs... :-/

73`s EARS_EGPK
The quieter we become, the more we can hear..
Retrodog
Call Sign: 26SW07

Post by Retrodog »

EARSEGPK wrote:Is there anybody actually on the FM EU/UK CB bands in the UK?

Been watching/listening/scanning EU and UK CB bands (26.9 - 28MHz) since 8am today and have got mostly German operators coming in on EU channels. Got nothing in the UK (heard a few muppets with bleeps and whistles but they count as QRM) and only bagged one Op from Denmark. Beginning to wonder if it will be worth the time, effort, expense and earache from the neighbours to put up a new Yagi when I don`t speak German!

I hope I don`t have to resort to having to use Facebook again just to find the TM group net times and freqs... :-/

73`s EARS_EGPK
Yes there is lots on.
On Friday night myself and a mate headed up to some high ground and used UK FM only, at least 25 out of the 40 channels were in use.
Best contact was Brighton which is 170 miles from where we were located.

The height helped (1600ft ASL) and the antenna was a 4 ele yagi mounted vertical on a trailer tower at almost 40ft over the ground.
There is plenty going on, little pockets of activity all over the England
Trouble is most base stations only hear 40-50 miles or so, we had contacts as far south west as Avonmouth and Wiltshire, south east from London (heathrow) Bromley in Kent and over to Essex. Northampton, Oxford, Lincoln, Manchester, Liverpool. The list goes on............
this lot was not on short skip just point to point contacts.

Out location was in the peak district national park staffs/derby border.
EARSEGPK
Regular
Regular
Call Sign: PK303

Re: regular group net,Sundays, FM ops.

Post by EARSEGPK »

Cheers Retrodog,

I briefly thought it could be that The Southern Uplands of Scotland are blocking me from any direct ops to the South, I am at 700ft ASL but the uplands South of me peak over twice that alt!. I was listening to 2m earlier today and it was quite busy with UK ops and on 11m. I heard two stations in Cumbria making the trip over the hills on SSB quite strong. Just not getting any FM so wondered if everyone had jumped to AM/SSB already.. Glad to hear from you that FM is still alive and kicking. I lived in Dorset for a few years and used to go up to a car park on top of the Purbeck hills, worked the south coast from around Southampton down to Devon on a Midland Porta-Pak with a dodgy old thunderpole sat on the roof of my m8s van.

I am using SDRs to monitor bands including 2m, 6m & 11m so can RX many analogue and digital modes but can only TX on EU and UK FM at the mo until I either find my old sidebander, which I hope is still hiding in the attic, or source a decent multimode at the right price.

Will keep collecting materials for mast + Yagi, hope to have it on air next month, that should improve things a bit.
All the Best,
73`s EARS_EGPK (Awaiting confirmation on 108-TM-303)
The quieter we become, the more we can hear..
straycat
Call Sign: 26TM51

Post by straycat »

EARSEGPK wrote:Is there anybody actually on the FM EU/UK CB bands in the UK?

From 7pm onwards every Wednesday on the UK FM CB Band.

Southern Net - Ch28 (27.87125Mhz)

Northern Net - Ch34 (27.93125Mhz)

Sid CT141's Sunday DX on CB and PMR 446.

Sometimes 446 from around 12:30pm usually on Ch8 and FM CB on UK Ch34 2pm-4pm (can run on later if busy).

The net will move around if there's QRM around or channels are occupied, but will tend to be in the upper part of the UK FM Block.

73`s EARS_EGPK
26-TM-051 26-CT-1450 and the handle Stray Cat!