Amateur Radio - Its Money Money Money

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
Adriano9966
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Amateur Radio - Its Money Money Money

Post by Adriano9966 »

:) I already have a fairly decent QRP setup so I currently don't feel the need to spend money on new gear.
I might invest if I change to a different(better) location but with these hard austere times I can't see that happening anytime soon.

;) Irrespective of gear homebrew or otherwise I think it is just a matter of just getting on the bands and seizing that moment.
MikeSierra
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeSierra »

Amateur radio can be fairly cheap compared to sailing.
Sailing is like standing in a cold shower in your best clothes while shredding 100 euro bills.
andymuza
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by andymuza »

Amateur Radio is no different to any other hobby. You can do it on a tight budget and then use what you have got and have as much fun as you would have had spending a fortune.

The initial outlay is the biggest cost but like you, most of us can't resist that upgrade or latest thing to come out.

I am looking at buying a new radio next year, do I need one? No, however I fancy a modern radio to play with.
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled.
n+1 the formula for working out how many radios you need with n being the current amount.
Crusader
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Crusader »

I really don't get why some of you complain about the price of amateur radio equipment,especially when i see what some of you are paying for toy-town CB equipment off ebay,even though CB is near enough dead now.