Clubs near East Kilbride or Glasgow

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
108FB512
Call Sign: 108FB512

Clubs near East Kilbride or Glasgow

Post by 108FB512 » 24 Aug 2017, 02:08

Hi guys, i have been using CB radio for a wee while but am looking to upgrade to the Big League, im also a bit of a prepper so if SHTF, Ham radio will be priceless after all mobile phones pack in

Im just wondering if there are any clubs near me where i can be taught how to work the radio (procedures, tips, license)

If you know of any, or go to any, please contact me

kilimax
Top Poster
Top Poster
Call Sign: GM0BRJ

Re: Clubs near East Kilbride or Glasgow

Post by kilimax » 24 Aug 2017, 05:46

108FB512 wrote:Hi guys, i have been using CB radio for a wee while but am looking to upgrade to the Big League, im also a bit of a prepper so if SHTF, Ham radio will be priceless after all mobile phones pack in

Im just wondering if there are any clubs near me where i can be taught how to work the radio (procedures, tips, license)

If you know of any, or go to any, please contact me
For a list of most clubs in your area, you can use the RSGB club finder website.

https://thersgb.org/services/clubfinder/

You should probably as a first step, consider the Foundation licence. Best to make contact through the club of your choice and arrange to pop over to one of their club nights.

MidLanark & West of Scotland Radio clubs are likely to be your two closest, the MidLanark club meet in Motherwell.
Kilimax - Drew
Amateur Callsign GM0BRJ
Tango Mike Callsign 108TM144

I've changed my equipment so many times, I've forgotten what I have