Greetings everyone.

A place to discuss all aspects of amateur radio operation.
M3UHQ
Registered New User
Registered New User
Call Sign: M3UHQ

Greetings everyone.

Post by M3UHQ »

Greetings all, I have just re-logged back in, I think its the first time for a few years, so Im hoping I am still welcome.

Their is so much noise where I live, that I am on the edge of giving up all together, I should be making regular HF contacts but the noise levels here are terrible, S9+ on a good day, I bought an artificial ground and one of those MFJ 1026 units and still its terrible, sadly I think my neighbour has a plasma TV, which would usually be an easy issue to work around, apart from hes lived here and never talks, its lile he causes deliberate interference, Id like to get Ofcom to investigate but sadly if im wrong (im not the most confident person in the world) its £90+ per hour.

Apart from moving has anyone any ideas for my situation ? 73
mark1

Re: Greetings everyone.

Post by mark1 »

First of all you need to make sure the noise is not coming from your own house. Get yourself a leisure or car battery and power your radio up this way then turn all your electric off at the fuse box for a bit and see if this makes any difference to your noise level.
MrWeetabix
Admin
Admin
Call Sign: 26TM175

Post by MrWeetabix »

Welcome back to the forum. You are indeed very welcome :thumbup:
26TM175. OP: Craig. QTH: Gateshead IO94EW. Also 163TM175 when mobile in Wales 8)

Transmission1 on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TM1onFB | Tango Mike on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/TangoMikeFB |
ROTEL240

Post by ROTEL240 »

Either the plasma psu goes or you go, I have the same problem so go mobile up a hill. Welcome back.